Just realized this! has anyone else noticed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damarius101

Jr Member
Some of the Halo: Reach armor looks exactly like the armor from the cover of the Halo novel "Halo: The Cole Protocol"!

coleprotobad.jpg

HaloReachSpartan.jpg

7532.kat_2D00_profile_2D00_hres.png

Just thought it was interesting. Means one of three things. One, Reach has been in design for longer than we care to admit. Two, the armor for Reach was based off of the cover of the book. Three, both armors came from a never-before-used prototype armor. Three and two make the most sense to me.

So which came first? The Protocol or the Reach? :)

Oh, and one thing that pisses me off reading that bubble on Cat: THERE WERE NO SPARTAN 3'S ON REACH!!!! Get the damn story right Bungie.

Aside from Jorge, all the members of noble team, including noble six, are Spartan IIIs.
Yup. So they basically screwed te entire story for halo reach. The Spartan 3s were made years later and never even set foot on Reach. The only Spartan 2s they came in contact with were Kelly and Kurt.

I know, its just a fictional story. But with so many fans of the series you would think they would at least put time into consistency. They could have made the main character all Spartan 2s, just another team other than Master Chiefs (there were a ton to choose from). And, they never had that armor we're seeing in Reach, only the armor from halo ce.

it bothers me that they dont care/overlooked that for their final halo game.

If that bothers you, then you probably shouldn't read this article.

I'm sure Bungie just didn't bother to read the books, and now they're ruining this universe that they created, that these other authors wrote stuff for. Yeah, Bungie should be tied down to decisions made by completely other authors that have nothing to do with the core Halo lore! I'm so angry right now! </sarcasm>

MST3K mantra, dude.

S-IIIs were around several months after May 1, 2531..... Ackerson wanted Kurt-051 to train the "new generation of heroes"/"disposable heroes"....more specifically the alpha company S-IIIs..

and as for reach.....the harmony was near reach so in the novels the S-IIIs never set foot on reach but were in-system and possibly in orbit.

Halo Reach takes place in 2552. Spartan III's were made in 2530's-2540's with different classes graduating long before the Invasion of Reach happened. Mendez and Kurt-051 covertly "abducted" several Spartan III's under the nose of Col. Ackerson to form Noble Team. As of now, Noble Team is under the juristiction of the UNSC Army, not the Navy as the other Spartans are. There is nothing wrong with the story. It all makes perfect sense. Ackerson doesn't know of Noble Team, and Catherine Halsey just found out about them Prior to the Invasion.

The Spartan 3s were made years later and never even set foot on Reach.

Actually, Reach fell in 2552, and Gamma Company (Third Spartan III Company) was active in October 2552 (Ghosts of Onyx). Alpha and Beta, where Noble Team are pieced together from, were used several years before 2552. So the timing for a Spartan III being around isn't in question, it's whether they were on Reach.

Which, Noble Team is a secret team, made up of surviving (and ONI claimed worthy) Spartan IIIs who survived their suicide missions and put into a team, like Headhunters, except with HH they were taken out of training for more advanced training after a certain set of skills are met.
Kai, Emile, Carter and Jun (Alpha) would be dead from Operation: PROMETHEUS, as would Kat (Beta) in Operation: TORPEDO, if they were participating. They could have been delayed for some unknown complication or injury, like what would have happened to one of the teams in my fanfiction of the battle. Or simply they could have been transferred to another section of the S-III Program like Jonah and Roland into the Headhunters sub-branch of the S-III Program.

So from my mind, there are too many possiblities for this to actually make sense in arguing if a Spartan III could be on Reach, saying like The timings wrong! or There were no S-IIIs on Reach!. The timing for a Spartan-III to be around is correct, and like the Headhunters the team didn't necessarially need to be survivors of the battle, which is already slated in canon as no one surviving PROMETHEUS, so the only logical thing to consider with all the Noble Team members is that they were transferred, like the military always does. They will take an outstanding member of the Navy Seals or ODST and throw them into a group to match their skills, whether it be a black ops team for the USA or a secret sub-ODST division in Halo that we haven't heard about.

So all things considered, the timing is correct, and Noble Team could be just a team of outstanding members of the S-III Program, ONI Section-III Beta-5 making them get transferred to Noble Team for their even more secret stuff that the S-IIs can't be called to do, The UNSC using them to battle the Covenant openly and bring moral to the population.

Timing: Correct
On Reach: Iffy, but partial solution

But can't we agree, even if there are a ton of loopholes in the game if they aren't explained (or what I theorized), that Reach is gonna kickass?

If that bothers you, then you probably shouldn't read this article

Honestly, I really don't think Halo fans should complain too much. Most of the Halo lore lines up fairly well with the core mythology outside of a few blips here and there. Most inconsistencies are due to minor author errors and typos, and/or misunderstandings of how the tech for the universe works.
Try comparing that to something like the EU of Star Wars which is an impenetrable mess of inconsistencies, retcons, character betrayals, and failed attempts to reconcile glaring discrepancies.

Even Spartan IIIs on Reach doesn't really contradict exiting lore, it just just expands on it. It actually makes sense in the context of Fall of Reach, since all the Spartan II's weren't even ground side on Reach when the attacks started.

For me, the only really noticeable glaring retcon has to be humanities encounters with various species of the covenant, and the covenant's prior meeting with the flood. In fall of reach, Elites were simply hypothesized about by Halsey, with Master Chief making the first encounter with one. Later lore retconed that they were known for quite some time. Same thing with the Brutes.
Halo wars retconed that the covenant had had prior encounters with the flood before the events of Halo 1.

Ahem, MJOLNIR armor. ㅎ_ㅎ

My best guess would be the Grey Team armor is a variant on the MkIV armor, which was later modified to operate the MkV energy shielding.

Whoa. That... actually makes sense. Like all of it. I forgot about how a team had been 'kidnapped" or presumed missing during Ghost of Onyx. So this is that team? Interesting.... I guess im not so hung up about it anymore.

man, you guys sure know your halo.

Whoa. That... actually makes sense. Like all of it. I forgot about how a team had been 'kidnapped" or presumed missing during Ghost of Onyx. So this is that team? Interesting.... I guess im not so hung up about it anymore.

man, you guys sure know your halo.

NO. Noble team is not Grey team. AS said earlier, except for Jorge, they are ALPHA and BETA spartan IIIs that survived their missions.

I read the wiki(which states that all 33 spartan II were on reach because of some back source material that is wrong and says no more than 19 could have been there) and one thing in the Fall of Reach book that I can't confirm is that there were 24 spartan IIs besides Chief when they were put on the Pillar of Autumn...

As I recall, Grey Team was a three-man squad (Mike, Jai, and... Er... I can't remember her name. 0_0) of Spartan-IIs who went MIA (Actually MIA, not Spartan MIA) long before Reach.

Noble and Grey are unrelated, though I wouldn't be surprised if both had access to the Mk.IV variant that led to the Mk.V seen on Noble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back