Just started Sculpting

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK i just got all the things i need for sculpting and spent alot of time working on it yesterday.

This is my frist time and so far i think it is looking good. Once i figure out how to post pics i will do so.

I have a few questions about sculpting though. When i actually try to carve out some parts it looks messy and bits of clay bunch up. Are there any techniques to make sculpting look better. Also for some parts insead of actually carbing i take a thin piece of clay and cut it to the shape i need and layer it on.

If anyone has and tips of sculpting please post it here.

please post back and as i said i will post pics as soon as i know how to.

Edit: this is just a test to see if a picture shows up

For the picture test, I wouldnt use it as an attachment, they will sit there and forever take up attachment space, use photobucket.

AoBfrost said:
For the picture test, I wouldnt use it as an attachment, they will sit there and forever take up attachment space, use photobucket.

Ok but are they any answers to the real question of this post ^^

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Durlaburban said:
wet your fingers or your tools to smooth the clay with

sweet

thanks

here are some pics of yesterdays work (yesterday was my first day ever and im very happy with what it is comming out to be) :lol:

here are some pics of yesterdays work (yesterday was my first day ever and im very happy with what it is comming out to be) :lol: please comment on how it looks and ill post updated pics when i take them

iamyourcousin228 said:
Nice job! Great job for someone whos new to molding. keep it up!

thanks alot

ill post some updated pictures

its allways good to hear nice comments like that

Rid3r said:
Wow, that is pretty nice. I could probably do that but nothing more, I've never sculpted before.

OK... well i had to do some major reconstruction of the lower front portion of the helmet. That means that right now it looks more undeveloped that the first pictures i posted. I dont see any reason to post new pics if it looks worse. In a few days though it will look alot better and ill post some pics to keep you guys happy.

Just thought id let u know whats going on

thanks

Thats pretty good, but is the clay oil based?In the last pic its cracking a bit on visor. Oh, and to smooth it out, use paint thinner and a paint brush, or acetone or something

crazybunny said:
Thats pretty good, but is the clay oil based?In the last pic its cracking a bit on visor. Oh, and to smooth it out, use paint thinner and a paint brush, or acetone or something

its oil based thats just a gap i forgot to fill in

updates comming soon!

Ok here are some pics of what is looks like now

I had to edit the front section and it looks much better now.

I have also started working on the back and the side and i think it looks great.

Keep in mind that im 13 and this is my first time sculpting.

Hope u like it and let me know what u think :D

DSC01438.jpg

DSC01437.jpg

DSC01435.jpg

DSC01430.jpg

DSC01429.jpg

Well it needs some work, but I really love it, watching everyone sculpt is fun, it isnt the final product and it being just started, looking very good, the final product must be super good looking then, cant wait to see what you make before you start molding it.

sweet thanks

yea I have alot of work to do before it gets close to its final product. That is only 4 days of work though so im really happy and im glad you guys like it.

ill get some more pics in a few days

Here's a little trick MasterSPARTAN-117 to make getting the proportions easier. Get a side and top view of the helmet and print it out to the scale needed to fit your head. Glue it to a piece of cardboard then cut the helmet away and throw it out. The piece that's left can then be cut up into different profiles which can be placed against your clay model to help get the proportions right.

nice work i would liek to get into sculpting armro becuase there really is endless possiblitys of what you can make when it comes to that but i think ill finish my pep suit first

Reclaimer said:
Here's a little trick MasterSPARTAN-117 to make getting the proportions easier. Get a side and top view of the helmet and print it out to the scale needed to fit your head. Glue it to a piece of cardboard then cut the helmet away and throw it out. The piece that's left can then be cut up into different profiles which can be placed against your clay model to help get the proportions right.

how to i scale a picture of the internet to my head?

sounds like a good idea i just dont fully understand how to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back