Keegan's Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
hehe, that is hilarious, It was more along the lines of, in my house, threw it out the window, hit a dog or something. Dog makes an army cuz he has half of a MJOLNIR chest. I makez armys wit my armorz, i pwnz you allz. (Dog part, not true)

Keegan said:
Actually with the chest piece, I used Frost's Hot glue method, and it worked great! OF course it is not aws hard as fiberglas, but it is good enough that a could throw it 25 feet in the air and let it fall to concrete tand it wouldnt rip/ snap/ crack. Helmet is Bondoed with fiberglass. Underarmor for now is only Black shirt and Black Dress pants
<3

Thanks for trying my method :D

I hope more and more will try it! It is alot cheaper and safer to work with, but like you said, it will never be as strong as fiberglass and resin. You could add layers of muslin cloth inside of the hot glue and glue over it for more strength, but if hotglue itself is sturdy enough, I'd just leave it the way it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, It was alot quicker than the resin, but the paint on paper made it kinda tacky for a day or two, but it came out good later.

Looks really good!

On the helm I would use some bondo glaze putty to refine the smoothing a bit ($3 for a tube at Walmart). And slap an HJC visor in there if you've got the cash, it will kick up the looks about 50%!

Yeah I am low on the moola now, but as for the smoothing, It would have to wait until summer when I have the time so don't expect an update soon. :p

Yeah.. If you did like a HJC and visor sticker it would improve the look by 50%. But hey i like it just like it is. Love the sharpie detail...i might PM you for extra pics when i need them for my suit. will you b adding hands and stuff? you should make hands then duel-wield you jasman guns and take a vid. that would be sick!

Ive been wondering, if I the 405th had an age limit and an armor limit. Do you guys think I could make it? I mean, of course its not the best but I know its good. I dont want to get kicked out of this awesomley awesome community because of armor detail. So you think Id make the cut?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back