Kungfu's WIP Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kungfuquickness

Hey guys I have been following the forums for a wile and I decided to make my own helmet for halloween.

WIP-1
l_5d0c89fef3782d9fa475f2dac2a3a37f.jpg

WIP-2
l_cd241e71407c93d8adf1d1bd873daa1b.jpg

Done!
l_98044cef984eea01b4f13fb36a0769b1.jpg

Celebration
l_905f2d1d1b1f6dfdc267d774f781f52d.jpg

I plan to order a amber visor and paint the helmet black.
I was wondering how the helmet would do with just resin and no fiber?

My parents arent too crazy about me playing with fiberglass.

And one more thing.... 1. Resin 2. Cut out paper where visor should be then paint 3. Attach visor
Right?

Kungfuquickness said:
Hey guys I have been following the forums for a wile and I decided to make my own helmet for halloween.

I plan to order a amber visor and paint the helmet black.
I was wondering how the helmet would do with just resin and no fiber?

My parents arent too crazy about me playing with fiberglass.

And one more thing.... 1. Resin 2. Cut out paper where visor should be then paint 3. Attach visor
Right?

Well from what it looks like, a lot of people here skip on the fiber glass, but honestly. You look old enough to be responsible with it, your parents will probably understand, just tell them where ever you do it, you will have a fan on inside, air conditioner on, and the windows open. Can't wait to see more of this man.

Also quick note, fiber glass does tend to make things last longer. Not sure about armor though.

Last edited by a moderator:
FuncootForever said:
Well from what it looks like, a lot of people here skip on the fiber glass, but honestly. You look old enough to be responsible with it, your parents will probably understand, just tell them where ever you do it, you will have a fan on inside, air conditioner on, and the windows open. Can't wait to see more of this man.

Also quick note, fiber glass does tend to make things last longer. Not sure about armor though.

thanks for the reply :)

I plan to wear it to college on halloween.
I'll be wearing my helmet and a gears of war t-shirt. (muahahaha)

Kungfuquickness said:
thanks for the reply :)

I plan to wear it to college on halloween.
I'll be wearing my helmet and a gears of war t-shirt. (muahahaha)
Think of just making the rest of the suite for the hell of it?

Possibly, but I am trying to make that Oct 31 deadline. Im sure I'll make the rest after.
Did you see my question about the visor in the first post?

Kungfuquickness said:
Possibly, but I am trying to make that Oct 31 deadline. Im sure I'll make the rest after.
Did you see my question about the visor in the first post?
Sorry but I have no clue.

It makes sense to resin then cut, so you don't destroy it by adding too pressure on it.

What I did was resin the helmet, and not the visor. It's alright if you get some along the edges of the visor though. Even 2 thick layers of resin was easily cut by an Xacto knife. Just had to saw it some. Just dont heavily slather the visor and you'll be fine cutting it out after you resin.

Sikarian said:
What I did was resin the helmet, and not the visor. It's alright if you get some along the edges of the visor though. Even 2 thick layers of resin was easily cut by an Xacto knife. Just had to saw it some. Just dont heavily slather the visor and you'll be fine cutting it out after you resin.
Thanks!
REALLY helpfull!

What color should I go?

Kungfuquickness said:
Thanks!
REALLY helpfull!

What color should I go?
If your handy with spray paint, try doing a burst maybe? That would be creative.
If not, I think a cool crimson red would be sweet.

FuncootForever said:
If your handy with spray paint, try doing a burst maybe? That would be creative.
If not, I think a cool crimson red would be sweet.

Well my gf and I are art majors.
If you have any reference picture to this "burst" I could try it if I like it.

I plan on base coating it with a silver first, then ill add some sand on it and put my final colored coat.

When its all done I am going to wipe the sand and then I'll have some wear and tear on the helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back