Learning From The Best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recoil

Hello 405th

This is my first post here on the forums so i figured i should atleast show what i have learned while i sneakly read this forums as a guest. Having never built anything like this before i was slightly overwhelmed. But after long hours reading posts on this forums i felt comfortable enough to start building some ODST Armor.

I had no idea where to start, but thanks to the 405th i found Pepakura and the building began.

Midway through the build i tried out "Mudglassing" and found that this was alot better than fibre glassing (if this is a wrong assumption please correct me)

Kinda forgot to take pictures of some of the steps...... But This is where i am at so far. A little more sanding some detailing and its ready to paint

I decided to start on the chestpiece even though the helmet is unfinished , only because i wanted to see what mudglassing alone would end up like. Depending on the result, i may redo the helmet as i have learned from alot of mistakes :(

Thank you 405th

and special thanks go to great Pep Designers and Unfolders

Ralpartha

Nightshade

Harding 29

Rundown

Skullcandy Girl

Recoil said:
Hello 405th

This is my first post here on the forums so i figured i should atleast show what i have learned while i sneakly read this forums as a guest. Having never built anything like this before i was slightly overwhelmed. But after long hours reading posts on this forums i felt comfortable enough to start building some ODST Armor.

I had no idea where to start, but thanks to the 405th i found Pepakura and the building began.

Midway through the build i tried out "Mudglassing" and found that this was alot better than fibre glassing (if this is a wrong assumption please correct me)

Kinda forgot to take pictures of some of the steps...... But This is where i am at so far. A little more sanding some detailing and its ready to paint

I decided to start on the chestpiece even though the helmet is unfinished , only because i wanted to see what mudglassing alone would end up like. Depending on the result, i may redo the helmet as i have learned from alot of mistakes :(

Thank you 405th

and special thanks go to great Pep Designers and Unfolders

Ralpartha

Nightshade

Harding 29

Rundown

Skullcandy Girl

1st off let me Start by Welcoming you to the 405th

2nd being a new member myself just a couple of weeks I commend you, You have actually surpassed me....

3rd I look forward to seeing Your ODST completed

Last edited by a moderator:
Recoil said:
thank you very much.

Its almost addicting... i cant seems to stop building...

I know what you mean i can't seem to Stop refining My Bucket.... LOL just getting it perfect till i can afford the rebound 25 Money to Make a mold and Cast this baby. Im Pepping some more peices of my armor this week, Took the weekend off to Go and Cover( Photograph) the BIG APPLE COMICON here in NY this weekend, it was great however No Halo costumers at this even i wish i was done I would have totaly represented the 405th there. im shooting to have an ODST and an ironman y 2010 NYC Comicon/Anime fest...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back