LED's: how bright???

Status
Not open for further replies.

JediStumpy

I've been very busy with school so I havn't put LEDs in my new helm yet, but a question before put some in:
How bright??? 5000mcd? 10000mcd?
I want them bright (like those little key-chain flashlights) but not to bright where it over powers the helmet itself.

any help is great!!!
thanks

JediStumpy said:
I've been very busy with school so I havn't put LEDs in my new helm yet, but a question before put some in:
How bright??? 5000mcd? 10000mcd?
I want them bright (like those little key-chain flashlights) but not to bright where it over powers the helmet itself.

any help is great!!!
thanks
Someone on this forum recommended this, so plan on using it

http://cablecrazy.com/Merchant2/merchant.m...tegory_Code=LED

Last edited by a moderator:
You really won't notice alot of difference between 5k and 10k MCD LEDs. Both will make ya squint, but the 10K ones are most like MC's.

I'm personally going for the dimmest LED's that still will work as a flash light at short distance. I want the people who look at me to be able to see me, and not be blind for 3 days :D

I'm going to wire up everything my own way, and not go for a pre-wired LED setup. If you want to do that, you can go to Radio Shack, or SuperBrightLEDs.com. I've never ordered from superbrightleds.com, but I've heard good things, and they are cheaper than Radio Shack.

Krylon said:
10mm white
I was kind of thinking those, but they are to... long, I guess. They aren't the right shape or size to use IMO. I'm going for 5mm whites, and then am going to try to make some type of "lens" to get the right shape.

Maybe I'll try to make a cheap sort of mold, and use clear casting resin or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back