Legal sized cardstock

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you use Pepakura Designer, you can change the paper size from Settings-->Print and Paper Settings. When I opened mine up, it actually defaulted to A4. I'm kinda new at this, but if you did change the paper size on an existing pep file, you'd probably have to adjust where everything was laid out on the pages yourself.

Can you use legal sized cardstock instead of the A4 when printing the pep files?
Not usually. A4 has a size of 210x291 (mmxmm). On the other hand, legal size paper is at 216x356 (mmxmm). As you can see, legal-size paper is slightly wider than A4. If the pep file has a relatively wide margin, i.e., 10mm or more, you might be able to get away with it.

And keep in mind, you do not need to own Pepakura Designer to do this, you can move all your parts around to fit on your new paper size with just the shareware version. You will be unable to save your changes without purchasing it but you have access to everything else including changing paper sizes, moving stuff, unfolding and re-folding, etc.

Wouldn't that be a problem if you needed the file later? btw... I used A4 so far, and it worked out just fine so far
Of course. I just brought it up because if someone cannot afford it now, they should not let it hold them back. Yeah, you may have to repeat work in the future if you could not save. However, if you just had to re-print a single page, it would not be too terribly difficult to do so. It is not like he is unfolding it and not saving, which is a lot more complicated than moving the pieces you need to a sheet of paper and printing again.

Ok Thanks everyone for the quick replies, I asked about the legal sized cardstock because I can't find the A4 in my Local Staples, I figured if I used the larger paper I could avoid all pieces around.

Chris

Ok Thanks everyone for the quick replies, I asked about the legal sized cardstock because I can't find the A4 in my Local Staples, I figured if I used the larger paper I could avoid all pieces around.

Most likely you will have to scale the model to your size anyways, so rearranging the pieces is usually a good idea. While you're at it, you can sometimes also re-join pieces that had previously been separated because the page was too small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back