Legendary Armor – Mark VI Master Chief Helmet Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. I wish....I'm still at work. I've still got a while to go. Friday is alway panic day in the film industry.

Working on cleaning up the details. We're sharpening the lines so they look more intentional vs. the soft undefined details that you saw in earlier pictures.

Halo%20Helmet%20Day%20Seven%2001%20(12).JPG

Halo%20Helmet%20Day%20Seven%2001%20(13).JPG

Halo%20Helmet%20Day%20Seven%2001%20(3).JPG

Halo%20Helmet%20Day%20Seven%2001%20(7).JPG

BTW. Here is a size comparison. As you can see, the MC helmet is no where near the size of a fairly standard sized ST helmet. I know it looks big but it's not nearly as big as a motorcycle helmet.

Halo%20Helmet%20Day%20Seven%2001%20(1).JPG

New nose piece is going okay. We stopped working on it to clean up some of the details and figure out how we are going to make this helmet work. With the rear neck plate on, you can't put the helmet on.

seperate piece... magnets hold it on. that's how clone trooper helmets work isn't it?

the neck area is just made of form molded foam covered by fabric. This way it hold nicely to the neck, but squishes to allow you to get it on or off.

Awesome!

From what I've been able to gather, are you a prop maker in the film industry, or something like that? :p

Also, is there any chance we could get a .DXF, or OBJ version of that file?

Maybe someone can point me to a file converter?

Thanks

LC

Affirmative and Negative...

The plate at the rear of the helmet is what I'm talking about.
This piece, if permanently attach and/or made of plastic will not allow the normal human head to pass into the helmet. If it is a separate piece, you will have to remove and attach it. I'm sure there is a way to rig it to be hinged and via magnets, as Adam said, be like the clonetrooper helmets. I personally find this to be a pain in the a$$. This helmet is based on the file so it's not really designed well. There are objects that should be there (ie. inner padding and the rear neck plate) that are an interference when putting this on.

Keep in mind, I am not 100% sure whether these will be an issue, they just appear as though they may be.

Halo%20Helmet%20Day%20Seven%2001%20(7).JPG

...from what I could tell with this helmet...I will try and do a 2-part conversion...will see how it goes...I may or may not have to do it...

...just taking into consideration our knoggins we will both have different fitment issues...

...I think that the back neck ring should be a part of the helmet and if needed it can be removed and re-attached via mod...

...a foam version could crush under the weight of the helmet when being stored or placed on a flat surface...

...we have also been discussing the helmet padding ring...even though we have the entire piece done most would not be able to use the entire piece just do to fitment issues...I will most likely be using the first frontal part of the helmet padding ring...luckily it is made in such a way that cutting away any pieces it can easily be re-attached or removed and still look functional...

...bishopx has been doing a phenominal job on this bad boy :cool:

You could do that back piece with craft foam. It's flexible enough to let a head into the helmet.

Edit: As for storing, you could get a can of Pringles or something and stick it underneath the helmet.

The helmet, at this point, is going to have the rear neck plate cast with it since that is the way it is in the game. For me, I know I will have to remove it and make a flexible mod to the helmet. We'll see how it goes. I'm not worried about it. Worst case, the rear of the helmet may have to be completely removable. It's been done before.

Apparently Master Chief has a pin head.

NZ-TK said:
I recognise the custom TK, wasn't that in a fan film?

Yep...Although we've never actually been able to get to the shooting. The costs involved are tremendous when you won't settle in quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just realized my previous post might have come off sounding wrong...

That wasn't my intention, sorry. o_O

Am I being paranoid, or did it come across wrong? :p

LaughingCheese said:
I just realized my previous post might have come off sounding wrong...

That wasn't my intention, sorry. o_O

Am I being paranoid, or did it come across wrong? :p

LOL. Nah...you're fine. In all truths, this file is ours to use but not ours to share. I'm not very sensitive...in fact some some that I'm insensitive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very impressive so far. It will be interesting to see if you can overcome many of the obstacles that I see other armours failing to beat.
If only they made armour for us ladies.

Do you have any other works? I'm looking to commission someone in about a year for some simple pieces, but I am looking for perfection (thus making it difficult).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back