Legendary helmet mould

Status
Not open for further replies.

telekonismo

I want to use the legendary edition helmet as a mould for one to make for myself.

However the helmet is too small to fit on my head so I'm trying to find something that i can put over the helmet to make it bigger. But at the same time i don't want to damage the helmet or loose any of the detail.

I have asked all my mates about this but they can't think of anything so i'd thought i'd turn here.

telekonismo said:
I want to use the legendary edition helmet as a mould for one to make for myself.

However the helmet is too small to fit on my head so I'm trying to find something that i can put over the helmet to make it bigger. But at the same time i don't want to damage the helmet or loose any of the detail.

I have asked all my mates about this but they can't think of anything so i'd thought i'd turn here.

im pretty sure someone has already done this to the legendary helmet. I would say ask around on here but im about 95% sure someone attempted this and was sucessful

Last edited by a moderator:
telekonismo said:
Ok then i'll have a harder look around, thanks.

Still open to suggestions.

I have made this you just have to use oil based clay:

Helmet filled:

WebCam_20071118_2124.jpg

WebCam_20071118_21231.jpg

After taking the clay off:

WebCam_20071130_00404.jpg

I havent cleaned it properly yet.

But it wont ruin the helmet.

Good luck!

ok thanks mate ill give that a go. Just once i work up some money to get the clay lol.

And good luck with the assult rifle.

Nothing but clay will help you. since your not sculpting from scratch, you dont need too much clay, maybe 1-2 pounds.

AoBfrost said:
Nothing but clay will help you. since your not sculpting from scratch, you dont need too much clay, maybe 1-2 pounds.

You will need 4-5 pounds of clay, thats what i used.

depending on the brand and density of the clay, it will vary.

I've used about 8 lbs of clay on my helm, and its not quite done yet.

Just so you know, I wouldn't sell that if I were you...You might have Microsoft breathing down your back with a lawsuit.

Dark Rogue said:
Just so you know, I wouldn't sell that if I were you...You might have Microsoft breathing down your back with a lawsuit.

MICROSOFT DOESNT OWN BUNGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not going to sell it to make profit, I just need more money for my new molding materials.

Beside what would Bungie say?

We sued this small kid because he was doing artwork,

If he molds it with clay then silicon, he cant be sued, well he could, but he's no different than us then, he's just using the legendary helmet as a base, thats like me using a dummy head and sculpting a helmet.

I guess. It may just be unethical, I suppose.

And 'sorry' for associating Microsoft with the game series and name they've been affiliated with for the past 7 years :cautious:

But whatever.

Guys they've never publicly disclosed the details of their seperation settlement as to who 'Owns' the Halo franchise... it probably a joint ownership...

but thats beside the point... molding overtop of something like this thats been resculpted doesn't get you into patent territory... ease off him.. he's no more in violation of MS terms of use than anyone else on this site.

BTW Finnish... looks like I might have been right about your water based clay additive? ;)

Don't mean to gloat... just curious...

My bad, I misunderstood. For some reason, I thought that he was directly siliconing over the legendary helmet. I don't know why I did though, especially since there's been plenty of pics to provide proof of him just using it as a base.

If you make a mold directly off the legendary helmet without many modification, then they have the right to sue, if you made your own design off the legendary helmet as the base, you'll be ok.

Sean Bradley said:
Guys they've never publicly disclosed the details of their seperation settlement as to who 'Owns' the Halo franchise... it probably a joint ownership...

but thats beside the point... molding overtop of something like this thats been resculpted doesn't get you into patent territory... ease off him.. he's no more in violation of MS terms of use than anyone else on this site.

BTW Finnish... looks like I might have been right about your water based clay additive? ;)

Don't mean to gloat... just curious...
Bungie owns Halo and Halo2, MS has IP rights to MC. If Bungie wants to do anything with the MC they have to run it by MS first. Bungie's boss mentioned this when the seperated from MS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back