Legendary helmet to wearable goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidHouston

My plans are to turn this WIP into a turtorial. I will be updating this page every time I get a chance. Pictures are coming once I get my camera back from my girlfriend's house. Anways.. Guess I'll post in days that I work on it.

Day 1&2: Yesterday I took the helmet apart and put it back together with tape to see if it would fit me, my chin wouldn't make it all the way through, and these little plastic things kept hitting my cheeks. So I cut them off, and I also cut the ones at the top of the helmet where the screws went in.

(Pics here of the little plastic things once I get the camera)

I then taped it back together again, and to my surprise it fit perfectly.

Today I went to walmart to pick up some plastic bonding stuff, paint, and tape. And I went to Radio Shack to buy some LEDs and other electronic goods. I just got home so i'm gonna go ahead and start a base coat of black on the pieces i'll update when I get back, hopefully with pics.

it fit...? wow, you must be tiny, i did the same thing, and had to use a grinder to take off all the mounts on the underside of the tops, the tabs for the sides, and alot of material on the random stuff connected to the visor, and it still doesnt fit right, mom says it looks about 3/4 size for me,

granted im 6'5" and weigh more than id like to post, so yeah.

I'm 6 foot even 195 pounds. Only problem I have is taking it off, ears catch a little bit. Other than that no problems. I'm going to update soon, i'm having problems with sanding atm. :(

Update:

Well got a few crappy pics from my cell everything is ready to be painted, though I kind of like the look I have already from sanding it lol. Pretty nice looking battle damage, maybe i'll just put a clear coat on it and see how it looks. Anyways. Only problem i'm having now is finding a visor to fit it. I might try and find some type of plastic, stick it on the legendary visor and heat gun it or something. I tried using the 2 liter coke bottle thing but that's just ugly as hell.

I've got a few ideas that may work, after that i'll just need to install LEDs, wire them up. And then add some kind of ventilation. Kind of hard to breath inside the helmet.

I promise i'll redo this thread once I can get some better pictures. But basically I think i'm the only person that's come close to actually converting it to a wearable thing lol.

1012070400.jpg

1012070401.jpg

DavidHouston said:
Update:

Well got a few crappy pics from my cell everything is ready to be painted, though I kind of like the look I have already from sanding it lol. Pretty nice looking battle damage, maybe i'll just put a clear coat on it and see how it looks. Anyways. Only problem i'm having now is finding a visor to fit it. I might try and find some type of plastic, stick it on the legendary visor and heat gun it or something. I tried using the 2 liter coke bottle thing but that's just ugly as hell.

I've got a few ideas that may work, after that i'll just need to install LEDs, wire them up. And then add some kind of ventilation. Kind of hard to breath inside the helmet.

I promise i'll redo this thread once I can get some better pictures. But basically I think i'm the only person that's come close to actually converting it to a wearable thing lol.

1012070400.jpg

1012070401.jpg
very wearable, but very stupid idea but if your head is the size of a 8 yr old then hurray were making ours and using the ledgendary for refference!! We only have halo3 hand plates, forearms, and were starting on the biceps well keep ya posted fellow biulders!!!! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
UNSC Certified said:
very wearable, but very stupid idea but if your head is the size of a 8 yr old then hurray were making ours and using the ledgendary for refference!! We only have halo3 hand plates, forearms, and were starting on the biceps well keep ya posted fellow biulders!!!! :lol:

omg im so glad im 12 and weigh like 75 pounds

UNSC Certified said:

well im 14 and it fits me perfectly

im sry, but wouldnt it be eaier just to make ur own? then u wouldnt have to worry about breaking ur $120 helmet. but i guess if u can pull it off, then good for u

It's not $120. It's like, $30. Mabye less. Most of that money went to the discs.

I'm getting tired of this. We've all been bitching about the helmet not being wearable, and when it's made so, we get "that's a stupid idea". *sigh*
WHY ARE HUMANS SO STUPID?!?!
Oh, well. It you're gonna paint it, trace the lies where you sand it. If thet were just silver, it would look baddass as battle damage.

xalener said:
It's not $120. It's like, $30. Mabye less. Most of that money went to the discs.
I'm getting tired of this. We've all been bitching about the helmet not being wearable, and when it's made so, we get "that's a stupid idea". *sigh*
WHY ARE HUMANS SO STUPID?!?!
Oh, well. It you're gonna paint it, trace the lies where you sand it. If thet were just silver, it would look baddass as battle damage.

Actually bro, I think it's just here on this board that most of the comments fly one way, then the other once it's doable. Price you pay when the youngin's frequent the board.

On track, nice work on the wearable LH...did you swipe out the visor for another? Don't remember seeing that on the LH.

Stay safe,

Tim.

Alright, I don't typically make unsolicited posts about topics I'm not involved in, but I feel I should comment on this topic because I made some pretty bold claims about the Legendary helmet wayyy before it released. Heres what I'll say about the Legendary helmet:

It isn't meant to be worn.

It isn't designed to be retrofitted to be comfortable for wear...

Anything you do with it is your own business, and isn't an original creation.

I appreciate that it takes some effort to make the helmet wearable, but it's a cheat that shortchanges anyone from learning how to actually make Mjolnir armor... I don't think that we should support it.

That is all...

continue

Wow I didn't know anyone was even posting in this thread. I started that little project as something on the side, I finished the helmet it just needs a visor. I think it looks alright, but I have other things planned. And like I said it was a side project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back