Let's Be Honest. Halo 3:odst Is *edit* Ok!

Did you Like ODST

• Yes it's incredible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes it's ok

• No it's disappointing

• I can't believe bungie wasted all that potential..

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I got mine for free, so good or not, I still win with a free game. Either way, I don't think it will be bad (have to wait till Saturday to play) because I'm not one of those "hardcore" gamers who believe they have the authority to say that a game sucks because their favorite noobanator weapon isn't available. I also think all the Halo episodes so far were great games. No complaints from me.

I like games, and to play games, I'm not a critic.

Once I start making games, I'll allow myself to judge other people's work by trying to make a better game.

I'll be honest when I say Halo 3 was one of the biggest disappointments in my gaming life. ODST on the other hand, surpassed my expectations. I loved it.

redsblue said:
What the heck. Can one of you guys please pm or E-mail me on how I may aquire the ability to play the Halo: Reach beta?

1. unfortunately, nobdy knows when the Halo: Reach Beta goes live, only Bungie knows.

2. To be able to play the already said Beta, you have to have a copy of Halo 3: ODST. (And Xbow Live Gold Membership.)

So yeah, Stay tuned for news on Bungie.net, or here, to find out when the Halo: Reach Beta goes live.

P.S. And sorry if it bugs you that I changed your sentence, it was easier for me to read this way.

Have a nice day/night, and welcome to the forums!

Last edited by a moderator:
Man odst was alright,heck the pistol its self was better than a BR,then smg was awesome and by the way,you dont need guns to kill a brute in one hit,all you have to do is get in close,wait till he lunges to slap you with his arm,move ,run quickly around his back with a pistol,and assassinate him,easy and quick.My fav weapon would have to be the SMG,while holding back hordes of hunters and brute chieftains on firefight,when i ran out of grenades and pistol ammo,I would whip out the SMG and fire off magazine after magazine till' i was empty and retreated for ammo,then came back out killing everyone.

ODST has its downs and lows,though it has an advantage being shorter,let me share ANOTHER story:

I was on firefight,and 3 Brute chieftains were about to lunge and kill me,then i just ducked when the jumped and moved away,I don't think they noticed and in the midst of confusion,killed each other,if i was MC,the radius would of still hit me too much because of the height.

All in all,ODST is awesome.

Adam said:
I'll be honest when I say Halo 3 was one of the biggest disappointments in my gaming life. ODST on the other hand, surpassed my expectations. I loved it.

I feel similar but I think that because of H3 my expectations were knocked down a few knotches.The Firefly guys definitely won some points from me though. :)

I'm still upset with some major canon issues. Like why can't I ever fight Elites if the timeline is Halo 2? They put some nods toward it but damn. Why is everything an H3 look? You don't see a single H2 ODST or H2 marine. What the hell? Maybe there are some Easter eggs that will help out but god damn retconning or however the hell you spell it.

The whole "Unraveling the mystery." and flashbacks is really what sold me on the whole game. Forget Halo 3 ODST, it's Halo 3 LOST.

Sigma-LS said:

For the Elite part, yeah I kinda wish I could've bashed Elite skulls. But once I started playing, I started not caring.

And also I liked how the game's structure and Marty O' Donnell's music score makes it feel like an old detective movie, that just happens to be set in 2552. lol.

ODST is great. I finished solo campaign on Heroic, just completed first 2 levels on solo Legendary. I do wish there was a bit more story, maybe seeing the Master Chief crash down and the Ark opening up or something.

The disappointment from Halo 3's campaign was that the story didn't advance much at all. We never learned much about the Forerunners or the Gravemind, the whole game it felt like you were confined to one narrow path with no room to move. The story was pretty boring, go here and blow this up, now go blow this tank up, back track through the first couple levels and kill the flood, go save Cortana, blow up Halo again, the end. Anyways, getting too off-topic.

I still need to find more players that play ODST so I can play some more Firefight. Getting the Endure achievement was fun.

R3unbreakable said:
The amount of potential is staggering. The execution is lacking.

It takes forever to kill brutes with human weapons, you NEVER play alongside your squad, There is no battle rifle IN HALO 2 ERA EVENTS. The story is silly and disconnected, and there is no matchmaking.

I agree that there was alot of missed potential, I would have liked to be able to explore inside alot more of the buildings than they let you, and I thought the overall map size was slightly small, and yes I missed the BR, but I didn't think it was a complete waste of money. I really enjoy Firefight (when I can get a lag free game) and I liked that the story was more focused. Also I what I really liked about the campaign was the atmosphere! Without all the activity, the city feels wrong, dead, and that really helps to hit home just what is at stake for the characters!

It is exactly what Bungie said it is. It's ALMOST a full game, but just enough to be addicting.

I feel it's worth 60 bucks, since it's technically worth about 10 bucks more.

Also, the story is quite brilliant if you've found all the audio files. I guess that's not the case though, since most people who are just bashing the game for the hell of it never even heard of them.

Halo 3's biggest story problem was that it had no story left to tell. It just killed off a few characters and that was it. The problem was that they blew their narrative load on Halo 2. There's too much going on in H2 for anything to happen in H3. ODST Doesn't have this problem. Since it has all new characters, there's not a chance anyone will dis, and no chance at all the story would have all been told already. Sure it's short. IN FACT, IT'S ALMOST AS SHORT AS HALO 3 ITSELF. But you know what? SOMETHING ACTUALLY HAPPENS IN IT.

And why did you anyone expect to play alongside with your squad? You're the "rookie" rember? Do you know how restrictive that would be? I've been locked in a room with enough self satisfied Military vets shouting "RESPECT ME NOW!!!" to know that playing as a noob among vets would be infuriating. Not to mention how *ahem* everyone was seperated in the drop. Why WOULD you fight with your squad? There's no room in the story for it (except for one level where it DID happen)

Halo's style changes every game. They didn't need to explain Cheif's handcovers in Halo 3, did they? But when ODST came out "OMGWTF WAH DA ARMOR LUK DIFFREN????!11"

Seriously guys? It seems you're trying TOO hard to make this thing look bad.

xalener said:
It is exactly what Bungie said it is. It's ALMOST a full game, but just enough to be addicting.

I feel it's worth 60 bucks, since it's technically worth about 10 bucks more.

Also, the story is quite brilliant if you've found all the audio files. I guess that's not the case though, since most people who are just bashing the game for the hell of it never even heard of them.

Halo's style changes every game. They didn't need to explain Cheif's handcovers in Halo 3, did they? But when ODST came out "OMGWTF WAH DA ARMOR LUK DIFFREN????!11"

Seriously guys? It seems you're trying TOO hard to make his thing look bad.

Indeed. It seems that most people critical of the game have resorted to picking at the smaller details.

Adam said:

*High five!!* I totally agree :D

i didnt think it was that great. i still enjoyed it, but "meh" over all. I really hate the grenade throws in it! an average person can throw twice as far as these highly trained and well fit military men (and women) can. but i do like how fast the tank goes and the visor mode! as well as a few other minor things

1 shot 1 kill said:
ok i liked it but bungie neds to improve like no multiplayer?????? bsut it is still good.

It's an expansion to a game with it's own multiplayer, hence the 3 in the title. Plus, don't you think a multiplayer with the stamina system would be a little bit bland? I don't know, just my opinion.

1 shot 1 kill said:
ok i liked it but bungie neds to improve like no multiplayer?????? bsut it is still good.

Thats what the mythic maps are for, plus they included firefight. Thats more than what halo 3 had in the way of multiplayer... But I guess since I don't like Halo multiplayer my opinion isn't valid, eh?

Correct me if I'm wrong... but I don't think an ODST should be able to flip an overturned warthog or rip a turret off its base so easily... That kinda ticked me off a little bit. They're just normal guys that are good at what they do, like SEALs, right? They're not bio-genetically enhanced super soldiers with crazy armor (i.e. Spartans). Like I said, correct me if I'm wrong, my Halo knowledge isn't all too extensive, but just my soap box. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back