Let's Get Active With The 405Th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkwolf

Jr Member
I have read many discussions on making this thing big as in groups of 405th members going to con and having prop parties or whatever. This is all great however I have a few suggestions and since I am a new member or for whatever reason I cannot create a forum in the 405th infantry discusions. So here I am talking about it and seeing where we can take this.

First of all I even saw a 405th versus 501st and how much more renowned they are well instead of whining about let's get to that level starting with the groups in different states

another suggestion is this website is 405th costume and prop it's not a set division if someone could explain why 405 that would be nice I beleive it's a division of Spartans anyway the suggestion is change it to 405th and that's it not just costuming. Also if that division is just for Spartans make one for the ODST which would be the105st

Another suggestion is to allow for different states to gather and claim their right as part of this orginization and be their own team. An example is me living in Hawaii I have seen many. People making costumes that live in Hawaii that being said if we were to gather we would the 405th pacific garrison or something ( the 501st is pacific outpost and I am sure you don't want to use theirs). Of course if we were ODST we would be 105th pacific garisson and whatever batalion depending on desired mos. I found most of the stuff on the halo wiki reading a lot which can help us start this if we want to

tell me what you think tell me what we should do I am only a new member and my words may not have that much power to them so help out or of course if this is done already someone help me find a Hawaii garisson cause I have been looming butwithout a search bar it is difficult. Thereis a hawaii forum and no one there has said anything about a Hawaii chapter of the 405th

thanks for listening

Pretty much all of this is in the noob orientation video found here: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=hclW5onHNsE

. The charter aka the official set of rules is still being written/voted on by staff. This official ruleset will cover everything that needs to happen that you described. As for claiming yourself an official group or using the 405th in your name it is not allowed. You guys are free to get together and make armor, but calling yourself an official group or using the 405th or the 405th logo is prohibited. There are no official members at this time until the charter is finished. Also as the noob orientation video explain, this is just the forums, you are all only forum members. As such this is just a place to discuss armor and prop building and to learn together and is NOT just a Halo based armor forum. While we are primarily Halo based there are plenty of non-halo builds as well (also covered in the noob orientation). While we appreciate your concern gears are in motion. The charter is underway, the official website has been built (http://www.405th.com - Thanks Vex & Adam :) ) and the 405th Source crew has been making alliances within the Halo and costume community. We are also increasing our reputation with Bungie/343 so they will finally give us permission to even make ourselves official. Hope I cleared most of that up for you.

Cheers,

Kensai

Great Idea, but as Kensai said, the staff is currently trying to finish the charter, which could include these possibilities, I would hope so but I have no clue as to what is immediately on the minds of the staff right now towards the charter, so all we really can do is wait and see.

In other words...the 405th does not officially exist as a known entity only as a subdivision of a much larger thing(prop building in this example) and as such...it cant be called as something official until the rest of the staff decide it.

so..no "im a _____ of the 405th"....its just not allowed...well as of yet at least....give it a few more years maybe XD

Yeah no that is totally what I am talking about if there is a charter gettng written up and people are trying to be official don't we want to show bungie and eeryone that we are serious so I think we should do some survey or petition prooving that we are serious. As far as I am a part of this or that maybe we should use that to plan ahead organize now so that when the time comes we are ready for it

Is there any realistic idea as to when the charter would be completed and as to what the "enlistment" requirements would be?

Well if you read the 405th infantry forum it has requirments for joining that would be a good start and as far as questions about the charter itself I myself do not know this is a thread about getting ready for when that day comes or at least that is what I want it to be

Brandon McClain said:
Is there any realistic idea as to when the charter would be completed and as to what the "enlistment" requirements would be?

i think a pretty good but short list of requirements would be:

1: be a current forum member( for at least 1 month without any warnings and be in good standing with other members)

2: have a completed set/partial set( as in main peices like hem and torso)/ or well done props

over all if this thing gets official, i think that would be 405th members would pretty much be elites or noobs with decent armor, like an extension of the elite forum, but with the ability for noobs to become members also

also i think that it would be pretty cool if the could be 405th hosted its own con or something like it. thats just my two pennies

Last edited by a moderator:
j0ker11 said:
i think a pretty good but short list of requirements would be:

1: be a current forum member( for at least 1 month without any warnings and be in good standing with other members)

2: have a completed set/partial set( as in main peices like hem and torso)/ or well done props

over all if this thing gets official, i think that would be 405th members would pretty much be elites or noobs with decent armor, like an extension of the elite forum, but with the ability for noobs to become members also

also i think that it would be pretty cool if the could be 405th hosted its own con or something like it. thats just my two pennies

I do beleive that is what the 405th infantry discusion forum says

it boils down to this.. go along with the mods plans and wait for them to finish.. sometime.. or start your own group/. both are annoying and the latter is a lot of work.

dconkid said:
it boils down to this.. go along with the mods plans and wait for them to finish.. sometime.. or start your own group/. both are annoying and the latter is a lot of work.

True very true but is there a way we can help the mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back