Lonewolf's Halo 4 Spartan Build! (templates by IMPACT PROPS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting an Invalid Attachment error :/

I'm not sure how I missed this thread! It's looks awesome! I can't wait to see the color scheme in action.

TODAY'S GOALS:
-Finish right thigh
-Finish left shin
-Boots

After that all the armor is done! all i will have left to buy is paint, plastidip, knee braces for the knee pads and the helmet!:)

-Ian

Thank you:) It took me 3 days haha, cant wait to paint it all:) just have the boots and a shin:) any idea where to buy the mesh? if youve seen impact props's suits?

-Ian
Yea, I understand that! Its the biggest and most important piece of the whole suit, so you got to make good ;)
I have actually no idea, but I have contacted Brad from Impact props and he bought this big sport bag that had this kind of mesh (I don't quite remember, might be incorrect) With some research I think you will find it soon! :)

But if I may suggest to you a different method to make this "bubble texture" or "Hex Pattern"? You might have heard it before. It involves a Dremel.
First begin with the regular sanding drum
Second attach it to the dremel and hold it in a stabbing motion and slowly guide the dremel down (Don't Push)
Pull it up after about 2-3 seconds honestly, you will see how long it takes to hold it down yourself. Also, try not to go too far or else you might get that screw detail in the middle of the circle.
After your first circle, you should work in a flower motion.
View attachment 1608
The last step is to heat it up with a heat gun. Move in a circle until you see the foam looking shiny and the dots go from flat to bevaled
View attachment 1609
Photos and idea goes to fsracer.
If you are interested in this method then you should try it on a smaller piece first just to get the idea.
I hope this helps! I really like This method better because it pushes the detail more out also it makes a very nice 3d kind of detail. You might not be able to do it considering you're almost done. Do whatever you feel is best for you and your armor! :)

You will have to reupload to pictures, they dont work:p but i think i am familiar with your method youre talking about, i may give it a try:) i dont have a dremel haha, may be able to borrow my friends

-Ian

Looking great so far! I too will be starting a Halo 4 build thanks to Impact Props (eventually xD)

I just have one question, how do you get in and out of the torso with the black tube-like part of the torso on there (where the hex pattern should be) Can you just slip it over your head and arms, or did you make it removable?

You will have to reupload to pictures, they dont work:p but i think i am familiar with your method youre talking about, i may give it a try:) i dont have a dremel haha, may be able to borrow my friends

-Ian

Those Picture are posted from my Ipad, So when I come home from Italy, I will re-upload the pictures if it isn't to late ;) Well then we are in the same spot I am currently saving up for a Dremel!

Those Picture are posted from my Ipad, So when I come home from Italy, I will re-upload the pictures if it isn't to late ;) Well then we are in the same spot I am currently saving up for a Dremel!

Ive been thinking about it and i dont know haha, the pieces i have that would need it are 3mm craft foam so i think itll go all the way through:/

for this build i decided im going to go with a recon helmet:)

-Ian

Ive been thinking about it and i dont know haha, the pieces i have that would need it are 3mm craft foam so i think itll go all the way through:/

for this build i decided im going to go with a recon helmet:)

-Ian

I see, I think you should go with the mesh then. If you search for Impact props on youtube you will see exactly how they do it! There are alot of great tutorials by them, if you haven't already seen it :)
The Recon has always been a favorite so thats a great chose! :D
For my suit I will make the Warrior helmet, but since I have had some problems with the Pepakura and some glue stuff, it has been going slow. :/
I will start my armor soon, Hopefully.
Are you gona make a new weapon of any sort to go with your new build? :)

I see, I think you should go with the mesh then. If you search for Impact props on youtube you will see exactly how they do it! There are alot of great tutorials by them, if you haven't already seen it :)
The Recon has always been a favorite so thats a great chose! :D
For my suit I will make the Warrior helmet, but since I have had some problems with the Pepakura and some glue stuff, it has been going slow. :/
I will start my armor soon, Hopefully.
Are you gona make a new weapon of any sort to go with your new build? :)

I have plenty of guns:) i MIGHT do a Halo 4 Battle rifle. its drawn out on foam i just need to cut it out haha

-Ian

Havent been able to do anything:( It would be done but i have family visiting and family first! haha. ill have more to show friday:)

-Ian

No pictures to show for today, but i managed to finish the thighs and do a full fit test with my black clothes, some few things to adjust to keep things on, my thighs fall down a bit:p Hope to buy mesh, plastidip an paint this weekend!

1117 views!:p

-Ian

Update! No pictures of other shin but shins are done!

IMG_9674_zps89047075.jpg

IMG_9675_zpsdffa761d.jpg

IMG_9676_zpseb840ed9.jpg

IMG_9677_zps585d5dc8.jpg

IMG_9678_zpsf1e4ba81.jpg

Started to add velcro to make things fit more and can be adjusted, the thighs have those velcro parts to keep them up

IMG_9686_zpsc67bf93d.jpg

IMG_9687_zpsd0dc0b3f.jpg

All that is left is to finish the boots and then tomorrow im buying plastidip, mesh and paint!

Suit SHOULD be done this weekend:)

-Ian

Just finished the boots! going back over suit and adding any details i missed, after that im going out and buying mesh, paint and plastidip!:) :) :)

-Ian

Here are the boots!

IMG_9741_zps66f42bdb.jpg

IMG_9742_zpsecc97a93.jpg

IMG_9743_zps3d64ec9c.jpg

paint!!!!! I could only find very bright/shiny orange so im now doing OD Green/Black

IMG_9745_zps4079c907.jpg

Sadly i have to paint tomorrow:(

IMG_9760_zps83bd74d9.jpg

Here it is in all its beauty!:) Im very excited to finish this build:)

-Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back