Long Beach Comic Con on Halloween Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about going but my ODST outfit is a little worse for wear from San Diego comic-con. Anyone else going? Might motivate me to fix it up! :p

I saw your ODST from the Hall of Honor thread. Nice work! Is that from the Sean Bradley kit or from pep? What damage did you get from trooping around in it? I've never been to a con, so I'd like to do what I can to "con-proof" my Noble 6.

My ODST is made from pep files. As to which ones, I lost track over time as it took me the better part of a year from start to finish. As to damage, most of it was around the legs, especially the thighs and lower legs. The lower legs are actually a total loss at this point, and I scrapped them. But in any case the primary points of failure were from the straps that were holding the lower leg pieces on. I had resined the piece but didn't do any further reinforcement beyond that as I was really pressed for time. After four days, the straps were tearing through the pieces becase they just weren't hard enough. I discovered some of my other pieces also had some chipping from points where you bend. Apparently, I'd broken off the bottom rim of my chest plate when I bent forward, but didn't notice till I was packing up at the end of the con! LOL. So basically, I just need to throw on more bondo and maybe use fiberglass mat next time. I admit I was being cheap and only put the bondo on areas I thought would take weight or impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back