*Long Post* Worth The Read

What Color Should I paint my armor?

  • Master Chief Green ( Im leaning on this)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blue( TheBlue)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brown (Damien's Sig)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yellow

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • White

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orange

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Light Red (Rvb Reference) Im leaning on this too.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Im to manly for the above choice

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other, Post color.

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

Leadingspartan

Well-Known Member
I want to have top notch armor so these are the things im putting in it i was wondering what you guys liked about it.

HUD (one of these) Microvision: ???; Myvu: $200.00
http://www.microvision.com/wearable_displays/index.html
http://www.myvu.com/
http://www.trivisio.com/mixed-reality.html#AR (unfortunatly, no good see-through augmented reality)

Im leaning towards the myvu i like it and there coming out with myvu universal whitch will work with zunes.

as you would guess i would incorperate that into my helmet.

next i would get a undersuit nothing much just these.

http://www.underarmour.com/ProductDetail.c...p;pf_id=1002512
Yes i can change it into black if i want.
http://www.underarmour.com/ProductDetail.c...p;pf_id=1002525

Ok for the visors i will use this.
http://www.helmetsetc.com/detail.asp?product_id=rst-19
If anyone has a better price please notify me.

For weapons i plan on Ethier buying Link4044's Pistols or using this:
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo_3_Replica_Guns
I plan on implementing them into my shoulders the sholders that are squarish and is lifted up. I put the energy shields in there.
I also plan on withering it to look battle damaged. Bungie said they would make more halo games not just the same story. So yea i have stuff to look forward too.

So Since im pretty much done and dont have questions i guess i guess ill upload some pictures.

4zbb4n9.jpg

Remember this is my earliest forearm i through it away because it was practice and made out of paper
My second one is much cooler and scored so expect pics 2008 lolol. Ill show when im done before i put stuff in.
Oh the real question is What color should the color be.

Total Cost.
$700.00ish - $900.00ish. That was a guess im to lazy to add lololol.
 

Agent Orange

Jr Member
um, search ebay on the visor, i got mine for 9.99!!! lol it came today!! :lol:


why would you want, or need the hud microvision? don't take it as an offense but i just didn't have any ideas of why?
 

Macattack64

Well-Known Member
Agent Orange said:
the visor i got was gold!! lol HJC replacemet visor brand new
Damn dude... -.-... I been looking for one on ebay for weeks...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Agent Orange

Jr Member
Macattack64 said:
Damn dude... -.-... I been looking for one on ebay for weeks...
Oh, well i'm sorry it didn't come to you first. i just ordered it last wed and it finally came today
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Macattack64

Well-Known Member
Agent Orange said:
Oh, well i'm sorry it didn't come to you first. i just ordered it last wed and it finally came today
I've got my eye on something right now... Hey look there is a full helmet on there... $10... like $15 shipping...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Chaman

Jr Member
Two reason for having a HUD:
1) so you can monitor different things; not neccessary if you're going low tech, but I'd like to pipe radio freq, cell phone, temp monitor etc through it so I don't have to go out-of-character to do it.

2) so when you're bored you can watch movies without anyone knowing; or play halo, while wearin your helmet so no on can trisket watch (also easier to transport then a 30" TV)

BTW, nothing says it has to be mounted permanently.
 

Leadingspartan

Well-Known Member
Cha*man said:
Two reason for having a HUD:
1) so you can monitor different things; not neccessary if you're going low tech, but I'd like to pipe radio freq, cell phone, temp monitor etc through it so I don't have to go out-of-character to do it.

2) so when you're bored you can watch movies without anyone knowing; or play halo, while wearin your helmet so no on can trisket watch (also easier to transport then a 30" TV)

BTW, nothing says it has to be mounted permanently.
You and damien the only one who gave useful answers in the first place.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Agent Orange

Jr Member
Leadingspartan said:
You and damien the only one who gave useful answers in the first place.
quite good at being a jerk eh?

I'm sorry that the topic got off topic but kind of unnecessary to come off like that. btw i said that i got my helmet cheap off of ebay, sorry if thats not useful
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Chaman

Jr Member
Hey, calm down a little

There's a lot more going on then you can see, The three of us are actually tagging on three different posts.
I didn't want to sideline his thread so I used mine.

Also, realize that there is very easy to come off wrong in text; rule of thumb, never attack someone (even if you believe that it's earned) unless you've verified that they intended to slander or attack you.

I once got into a week long flame war, and it turned out we were misunderstanding each other; if I'd taken a step back we could have avoided a non-productive discussion. And even though it takes at least two to fight (except for some very special people), I continued it and therefore I was wrong.

So please, let's drop the attitude.
 

Leadingspartan

Well-Known Member
Agent Orange said:
quite good at being a jerk eh?

I'm sorry that the topic got off topic but kind of unnecessary to come off like that. btw i said that i got my helmet cheap off of ebay, sorry if thats not useful
sorry i didnt read the whole thread i went to work so i only read some. but thanks i scored myself 2 hjc gold visors for 18 dollars. Ebay awesome.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Chaman

Jr Member
See,

I've got like three or four different threads open right now
and I just posted on one that gained 4 posts while I was looking for stuff at other sites so I'd give good info
 

Leadingspartan

Well-Known Member
Cha*man said:
See,

I've got like three or four different threads open right now
and I just posted on one that gained 4 posts while I was looking for stuff at other sites so I'd give good info
Wow awesome i am animating as we read so dont get all catchy.... ill release it soon. its called FPS Halo.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Leadingspartan

Well-Known Member
silvershadow said:
sorry for somewhat off topicness, but can you play 360 on any of those HUD's?
You can with myvu when they come out with myvu universal witch will come out in a couple of weeks, it will work on any electronic that can play sound. I might play halo on it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Spartanmc117j

New Member
Leadingspartan said:
Thanks Ares I hope we can put all the arguements we had behind us and be friends.
Wow i havent been here in a long time. Cool new Boards. Awesome Pep armor Ideas. oh i have the myvu it is awesome.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top