LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We maintained the exact same visor area from the
first helmet but sculpted an entirely new helmet
around it. The yellow visor part shown was vac
formed for a good solid air tight fit to the final
resin cast helmet."

They vac formed the visor!!! i knew it was possable!!

you still cant see out of it...theres a small section that was cut out and they placed a motorcycle shield in it, so thats the only place thats visible

Im not sure why you think this is exciting? vacforming has been around for a long time. Its not very difficult, its also been discussed before many times on this forum.
ITS NOT IMPOSSIBLE TO MAKE EVA
I don't think anyone ever said that it is, did they? If so, they've been grossly misinformed
Very cool costumes on the link though :) I've chatted a bit with the sculptor that did those, Dave somebody, he's on a few forums I use. Very talented and helpful chap, makes some amazing batman stuff among other things.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been saying, if you want a eva visor, vacuum form a clear one, then gold tint it, otherwise, there is no other way, you cant just buy then.

That seems the easiest, vacuum forming isnt cheap anyways. You'll spent 100+ dollars just making a visor.

Also, for a pep one, just paint it gold/silver then get a gold or silver visor and cut it into pieces, cut out the indented areas of the visor, and put the gold/silver visor there, you can see slightly from the sides and the front.

AoBfrost said:
I've been saying, if you want a eva visor, vacuum form a clear one, then gold tint it, otherwise, there is no other way, you cant just buy then.

Vacu-forming isn't the problem, gold-tinting what you vacu-form is. If you use regular window-tint you run into two problems: it will get air bubbles due to gas given off by the plastic, and it doesn't conform to a compound curve. I spent the better part of two weeks contacting various companies I found on the internet to see if I could find one that would apply a gold mirror coating to vacuformed plastic, but came up empty... the only hope you would have, and this is a long shot mind you, would be to know someone who works in a shop where they make motorcycle visors, and get them to tint it for you. But, like I said, that's a long shot...

Golg tint is vinyl, you need a heatgun to make it stretch, vinyl can keep color and shine with stretching, lightly blown with a heatgun, you can make vinyl adhere to any shape.

It still works for me, here are some pics.

6yyjar5.jpg

8528ind.jpg

7yezb12.jpg

thisismadness2 said:
i still think eva is ugly and if this visor was used that be horrid i will still expirement with eva stuff though
Agreed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back