Looking for Halo 3 Hi-Resolution file....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BishopX

I've been looking everywhere for the high resolution Master Chief file. Does anyone have a link to download this? It must exist since they made the commercial with it.

Thanks you guys. I've actually seen those files. They are the high resolution files from the game cut scenes but way too low resolution for what I am trying to do. I'm talking HI RESOLUTION files.

I think the cut scenes use the same mesh. you might find there are no super high resolution meshes, except perhaps the promotional animation where the chief uses the bubble shield, but that was most likely done using SP displacment on the game model anyway, I doubt you'll ever get your hands on that file. perhaps make your own using the game mesh and zbrush, Im assuming you want nurb surfaces for a mill?

Aww. Bummer. Okay. Yeah. That's the one I'm looking for. The game mesh is pretty low resolution for CNC but I'm more interested in the proportions.

the game mesh should be fine for you then, just put it in zbrush, and subdivide it about 5 times with crisp edges, you'll have a pretty dense mesh around 1mil polys at least.

NZ-TK said:
the game mesh should be fine for you then, just put it in zbrush, and subdivide it about 5 times with crisp edges, you'll have a pretty dense mesh around 1mil polys at least.

Wouldn't the model just "explode" into a million pieces because of it's geometry? It happens to me every time I try.

Last edited by a moderator:
you need to work on it a bit first, it helps if you untriangulate the mesh, and re-write the .obj. I use riptide to export, it works fine

Spartan-K22 said:
ask Robogenesis

First, you spelled my name wrong. It's Robogenisis.
Now, don't tell people to ask me for the files! Don't tell anyone to ask anyone for the files. It's not legal, so I won't give them out, and it's just extra PMs I don't need.

Now, I believe that the commercial models were the very same used in game. I think they made the textures a bit better, and they rendered the whole thing, but I don't think they remodeled anything.

If you do happen to get your hand on the models, then you will need to make it smoothed out, and add the detail yourself. If you don't know modeling, then learn, or you're about SOL.

Robogenisis said:
Now, I believe that the commercial models were the very same used in game. I think they made the textures a bit better, and they rendered the whole thing, but I don't think they remodeled anything.

If you do happen to get your hand on the models, then you will need to make it smoothed out, and add the detail yourself. If you don't know modeling, then learn, or you're about SOL.
yup, they rendered it with vray and did lotsa post production on it. (those kids at the start were real, that how much post was done!!). they used the high poly models, most likely the ones they used to generate the normal maps and they used the original high rez textures that they then shrunk down for the game. but good luck getting your hands on that!

p.s. whats SOL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back