Looking for someone who is selling a halo costume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yugioh1234

I am at a point where I can't make a costume because I am in fostercare and in high school, if someone could help it would be amazing thank you

You can afford a custom 1500$ plus hand made costume but you can't afford to spend 250$ on supplies and make it your self? Of you want to buy a halo costume your expecting 1500 to be a low ball cost for it as it takes every one on here 2-3 weeks to finish a single small piece of Armour ro get a full set would take at least 6 months so all thos hours will go in to the price any of us would sell a project most people would be around th 2000$ range

Why does everyone on this forum have to be so patronizing? They've stated that they are incapable of making a costume themselves. That should be enough. They should be able to enjoy a costume exactly the same as us.

A good place to look would be Portland Armour Labs on facebook

This forum isn't intended for buying/selling Halo armor, it's here to let people document their hard work and get advice from others. I'd recommend slowly saving money for supplies and working on it yourself. To build armor out of foam all you really need is foam, a glue gun, and an hobby knife. Foam is about $20 for 4 mats at my local hardware store. And depending on where you shop you could probably get knife and a glue gun for about $5 each. Besides, making it yourself is fun and you can look at it with a smile and think 'Damn, I made that!". And just like Colbs said, compared to how much custom suits sell for, making one yourself is cheap.

-Ryan M-082

Yea 90 percent of the time they are looking for something worth 50$ or free when the product produced is not would you sell your hard work for under 100$ probably not

In my opinion, purchased suits you see at cons never seem to fit that well, especially if you buy a "one size fits all" costume from a big company website. Even if you get someone to commission it on here and give them measurements on here, they dont have the luxury of test-fitting as they go as you would to ensure a good fit. I've seen decent suits on a cardboard budget and if you look around here alot of the elite builders even go on budget hiatus from time to time, but thats the nature of the beast. I find the process of making something from nothing very rewarding and I've been planning my build and gathering funds and pockets of time for like 4 years and just started building the end of last year. If you really dont have the freedom in your situation to maybe try out a small piece like say a foam shoulder to get a feel for it, I say look at etsy or an online prop store that does molding, but like colbs said youre gonna pay a grip and it may not even fit to your liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back