Looking to make some props to start out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osina

I am thinking of starting with making a few props. I would love to make a plasma grenade first as I honestly love them in game. I think a pistol would be my next step up after that. I would love to make armor also but have another project to get through before I do anything big like that.

I have seen a few guides on here so far and I mostly work with EVA foam and some resin here and there. What would be the best way to start out?

I am thinking of starting with making a few props. I would love to make a plasma grenade first as I honestly love them in game. I think a pistol would be my next step up after that. I would love to make armor also but have another project to get through before I do anything big like that.

I have seen a few guides on here so far and I mostly work with EVA foam and some resin here and there. What would be the best way to start out?
I am sorry, but best way to start out on what way?

Andrew dft has some great prop tutorials that you can follow. There are also some really great templates on this site for foam in the armory. For the plasma grenade, I would recommend findingsomething round to start with as a base (maybe a stress ball, but that is probably too soft. Something plastic?), and use foam for the detail. If you were to make a pistol, I have seen great ones made, and would recommend the halo CE through halo 3, and the reach magnums. I think the halo 5 pistols are a challenge because of the detail and design, even for an experianced maker. I would highly reccomend the halo 2 br as a prop. There are some amazing builds on the site, and it looks clean without alot of detail to struggle over

I will probably get one of those wooden balls from the craft store and build off of that with foam.

Thank you for the tips I will look into those!

Alright I made the decision to try smooth foam balls to test this out on. I have the plan for it all in my head and I know the color paint I need but finding the right one I like will take some searching. I will update as I go.

Working on the third coat of paint now. It’s looking better with each coat.

Long time no post.

I think I’m going to be able to make pepakura props soon. I will probably combine that with foam for structural support. Plasma grenade is going well just trying to space things out proportionally now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back