Lost in clay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I FOUND IT, I FOUND CHAVANT NSP CLAY FROM EUROPE!!!
After 19 hours of googling i found a small artshop in south Germany they are sending me the clay. (The shops only 200km/120miles from my house)
Im getting 10LB of clay for 67.5 Euros including VAT and Shipping and handling!!! (95US$)

[Okay i allready made another post on the clay.

But since i couldnt find an answer from anyone (I was trying to buy oil based clay to Europe). I am here to ask could i use anything anything at all, that would work as a replacement for the oil based clay (I did do my own mix with crude oil and olive oil but it was very toxic...).

So please if anyone knows any type of Oil based clay or just anything to replace it with (play-doh for example if it works i dont know).

Please just give me ideas what i can use to replace the clay (unless you actually find someone selling oil based clay to europe without 200$ shipping costs)

Any ideas for replacement will be taken!!!

Thank you

(AND IM IN EUROPE NOT U.S.!)]

playdough drys up i dont think it would work. i dont know? why not make an awsome pep helm and mold that? Europe has cardstock resin fiberglass and bondo right? if they dont have bondo use spakle for detail on the pep helm

Finnish Spartan said:
Okay i allready made another post on the clay.

So why a new one?

I searched, you create 2 threads about Clay.

You can use the function Add Reply :cautious:

Shipping clay won't cost you 200$

Testing mix and others products will cost you 200 $ or time.

Just keep this in mind.

LS

Last edited by a moderator:
Just buy oil clay danggit, this project isnt going to be cheap anyways, when I started, I bought stuff on sale, then once I went over 50 dollars, I said heck, this is expensive anyways, I'm going to keep buying what i need WHEN i need it.

Other than that, I wont buy stuff at regular price.

AoBfrost said:
Just buy oil clay danggit, this project isnt going to be cheap anyways, when I started, I bought stuff on sale, then once I went over 50 dollars, I said heck, this is expensive anyways, I'm going to keep buying what i need WHEN i need it.

Other than that, I wont buy stuff at regular price.

I DO WANT TO BUY OIL CLAY!!! But i just cant find it!
Im not making a pep mold.

AND SHIPPING DOES COST 200dollars from the US to Europe. Go to AMAZON.COM for example and put your shipping country to switzerland when you have put 10lb's of clay to your shipping cart. it is 200$!!!

And i have checked other sites as well the shipping is about the same just because of the weight of the clay!

Another thing is that you'll need more than 10 lbs of clay....easy.

I agree with the others here... it's not gonna be cheap. What's next? Molding....and that's horribly expensive. If you're concerned with 200$ shipping now, you'll be shocked at the price of silicon before shipping.
Might be good if you get a cost estimate before you decide to make the most expensive type of armor. This will cost you over 1k.

Btw, what do you have against pepakura? If you're making molds, it shouldn't affect your end result anyway. Just make a pep model and use fiberglass+bondo, then do the mold, etc etc. Your end result will still be plastic, and you can always just sell the pep suit for reimbursement funds. Actually....that's a really cool idea if I do say so myself :p

MysticLegend said:
Another thing is that you'll need more than 10 lbs of clay....easy.

I agree with the others here... it's not gonna be cheap. What's next? Molding....and that's horribly expensive. If you're concerned with 200$ shipping now, you'll be shocked at the price of silicon before shipping.
Might be good if you get a cost estimate before you decide to make the most expensive type of armor. This will cost you over 1k.

Btw, what do you have against pepakura? If you're making molds, it shouldn't affect your end result anyway. Just make a pep model and use fiberglass+bondo, then do the mold, etc etc. Your end result will still be plastic, and you can always just sell the pep suit for reimbursement funds. Actually....that's a really cool idea if I do say so myself :p

2 things

I get Silicone for free... (My friends father owns a mold making company, unfortunately they dont make clay...)

2nd: i did my pep helmet and it got screwed up + there is not enough detail

Finnish Spartan said:
2 things
I get Silicone for free... (My friends father owns a mold making company, unfortunately they dont make clay...)
2nd: i did my pep helmet and it got screwed up + there is not enough detail
Ahhh.....and that's why pratice makes perfect ;)

MysticLegend said:
Ahhh.....and that's why pratice makes perfect ;)

The problem with it was that it got screwed up during fiberglassing... It is quite difficult...

But im going to make the other parts out of pepakura. (Since it would take a hell of alot time with clay.)

But i just want to make the helmet out of clay since i think the helmet is really the most important part of your suit which makes it stand out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back