Props M6c/socom Magnum

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlacRoseImmortal said:
That Magnum looks spectacular! You deserve a cookie, a very big chocolatey cookie (y)

Aw, how'd you know I like Chocolate Cookies? :3

Last edited by a moderator:
S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Aw, how'd you know I like Chocolate Cookies? :3
Come on man, everyone likes chocolate cookies! Except for people who don't.

InfiniTTTy said:
Really nice. I think I need a bandsaw...

Lulz, thank you. :D
What do you need the bandsaw for? xP

helios said:
Come on man, everyone likes chocolate cookies! Except for people who don't.

So true, so true...

*SMALL UPDATE*
I got the pistol grip painted, but I didn't have the time to take any pictures. And I will be sanding all the paint away where the silver should be, Somehow the silver never cured properly. I put in some details into the Charging Grip as well. More updates to come.

This pistol is probably your best work. Nice job. You've come a long way with your woodworking techniques. ;)

Friendly said:
This pistol is probably your best work. Nice job. You've come a long way with your woodworking techniques. ;)

I have to agree with that, and I thank you. :D But I also think the SMG ties for first place, since it was not build with the help of stencils, and surprisingly it looks like the In-Game model. ;)

updeit tiem nao! Here are a few pictures, don't be scared of the paint job. It's just primer on the Laser Housing, and I just colored the main body with black. I have no I dea why. >_>
The grip has been painted as well, but has been covered with masking tape so it won't be ruined by silver paint in future paintjobs. I think I messed up with the laser housing... I just hope I can fix it. :S

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

Impressive *lifts quizical eyebrow*, I love how this thing is turning out. And no wories about the paint, i'm sure you'll make the right final decision adn make it look outstanding ;)

Alright folk, I found something in my house that is very simular to bondo. I believe it's called Spackel over there in the US? Anyway, it is used to fill holes and gaps in walls before painting, and it becomes dry and sandable within 4-5 hours, depending on humidity and temperature. Now this stuff is very useful to hide the grains, gaps and holes in the Magnum, gives it a flat and smooth finish (No more telling that it's wood! ;D).

And here are a few pictures I took:
IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

IMG_1095.jpg

And the Laser housing:
IMG_1096.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

That looks sculpted now. Seriously, I didn't think wood could look so nice and smooth. You surely put mine to shame. :p

Friendly said:
That looks sculpted now. Seriously, I didn't think wood could look so nice and smooth. You surely put mine to shame. :p

Hah, thanks. Just have to put more spackel on it, and sand it down. :p
Just wait till I have more black matte paint to spray on it, it's gonna looks awesome. ;D
But hey... At least your Magnum works as a shooting soft gun. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlacRoseImmortal @ Aug 9 2008, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I just knew you'd surprise me again! But, so soon?! wow :lol: <3</div>
Oh, you just wait and see.... You ain't seen nothing yet. ;D
I've learned from my mistakes, I now know what needs to be done to make good props, and to actually impress you guys and gals. ;D

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
This thread is screaming for an update, and so it shall receive!

Got the Silver Paint on, and it looks great.
IMG_1187.jpg

Oh My!

That is some serious Epicness you are holding there.

Nice work.

The Stig said:
Oh My!

That is some serious Epicness you are holding there.

Nice work.

Thank you! I hope to get it done very soon!
Some humidity got inside the grip, so it expanded and made "dents" in it. I'm gonna let it dry up and I'll sand it down later. Then add some Spackle, Primer and Black paint and I'm good to go!

Moar pictures! ;3

Put masking tape on the surrounding areas that are not supposed to be painted black. Spackled, primed and now with the last coat of matte black paint!

IMG_1197.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

*UPDATE*

Paint is now dry and the masking tape has been removed!
Current status:- *ALMOST COMPLETE*

IMG_1205.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back