M6G pistol in the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MandoMan531

just finished my first pistol. its actually the model for the M6D but i want to convert it to the M6G. i purposely made it in different peices because i have a few goodies lined up for it.

1.working laser sight (M6G had the Smartlink Scope replaced with a laser dot i beleive)
2.the slide will action (pull back and let go and it will spring forward. and removeable magazine
3.rubberized grip
4.Metal barrel and feeding ramp(inside the slide, youll be able to see it when you pull the slide back.

if it all goes well i may get the parts cast and make them for sale, there will be a post in the future to guage interest.

on to the pic....

Picture107.jpg

for the lazer site are you using what type of lazer point? I thought about this and was going to write something to link..but you stole my thunder...

I think the smaller... lazer point that you can just buy the componet would be easier... to use...you can put the battier where you wanted it...also...

are you going to make it an attachment scope... i have thought about this... where you can make it look like halo 2 pistol and just add the scope for..that extra WHOO...effect... just some ideas... ... btw GL i think you can do it...

JUST thought also... what is your scale there? because.. 26 cm i think it to large... just saying... ...

AHA Yes! You called it a magazine. Not a clip! Awesome, for this is infact the correct term. It always bugs me in the books that they say Clips. Grr.

That being said, that looks awesome! I just tried printing out a pistol and it didnt turn out well. So if you could maybe share with us the steps involved to print it out at that size, I would be eternally gratefull.

Again, looks awesome.

ok go over to the Pepakura Download database thread, and go to post #14. Click "My Halo PDO's". In the window that comes up open "01 Cleaned 3DSs" in the Halo PDO's file. The file you want is Pistol 01.3DS. when you open it and it asks to specify the front skip it, when it asks to specify the bottom make it the muzzle ofthe gun. So its pointing downwards. now unfold it, open "Scale up/down by specifying value" and make the height ofthe gun 22cm. adjust you paper size and pieces and print. There you have it.

Oh and in response to the oher post. Im still looking for a suitable laser module. id like it to be removeable but i also would like it to makeit be pessure pad activated. I have a plan that may work.

Oh, sorry. I had accedintally grabbed the wrong pistol file. Thanks, your way is working awesome.

drgon47 said:
AHA Yes! You called it a magazine. Not a clip! Awesome, for this is infact the correct term. It always bugs me in the books that they say Clips. Grr.

That being said, that looks awesome! I just tried printing out a pistol and it didnt turn out well. So if you could maybe share with us the steps involved to print it out at that size, I would be eternally gratefull.

Again, looks awesome.

i took this guys image saved it to my compy and opened it with paint and resized 150 % and it worked well for me...

this is what i got so far for the spring back...

green- is the coil not pulled back...
light blue - is pulled back

blue- is the barrel
black is the clip

red - is where the back stop to the coil
orange is where the stopper moved when pulled back

this is just an idea... of what i thought of...

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably resin and or fiberglass. Then clay for the small details, ie, lettering and such. Then Ill mold and cast it.

gopher-those are almost the exact plans i have workd out.

im using resin on the outside and inside and a bit of expanding foam , i need to keep most area open though until i work the internals completely out. maybe a bit of fiberglass cloth. i have a plan for the lettering and ill probably use spot putty and small amounts of filler to get the detail in. when im done itll hopefully be field strippable meaning you can take it all apart if you want to to change the spring if it breaks or whatever. all assembled with allen head or torx bolts and maybe tiny machine screws.

some of the inside parts will be reinforced wih PVC foam board. i still need to put more resin on the main body and cut the grip off the barrel and handguard.

btw anyone have good reference pics of the M6G? not the M6D. i need the exact lettering and placement and whether its recessed lettering or raised. any lighting, buttons, switches etc.

M6G is the Halo 3 version right? ... also i got another idea... where it is 3 part gun...

there is the handle, barrel and rear sight... the scope isn't counted in this.. yet... because of what i was thinking...

um.. if your meaning the Halo 3 pistol also you may want to wait for the game to come out... so that... you got an image that you can play with on your screen and all that...

back to my idea... they parts are there.. and they attach to one another... by pink spots... btw if your wondering i am still thinking on how to make mine.. since i don't got the money at the moment i am just letting the idea cook... and such... then i will start....

i havent worked on it in awhile, maybe a bit tomorrow. the slide got a little warped from foam so itll be longer then i thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back