Props M9 Fragmentation Grenades from Halo 4/5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reclaimara

Sr Member
Member DIN
S713
I'm working on few grenades, two to be exact. Those will be gifted later on.

Here is a comparison shot as I bought the grenade on the left and the other two were printed by the printing master kaween.

It shows the comparison between prints - the left grenade, I've already sprayed it with primer and sanded multiple times (even if it may give a more interesting texture, it was never desired nor should the print look like that).
The two other grenades by Kaween, just primed and sanded once.

I have to finish those two grenades by Monday, so it'll be a rather quicker job. I won't be filling with bondo any imperfections and such. The paintjob will have to hide it.

DSC01850.JPG

... myeah, and that print of mine was done on a machine which at that time had major mechanical issues. Go figure. :)

(Warning : the machine was warping all over the place because it used ABS-printed parts for mechanical stress-loaded elements. I see this being done today even on machines costing 1000USD and more -I'm looking at YOU, Mr. Jozef Prusa !!!- and believe me : this will ALWAYS bite you in the *ss sooner or later).

kaween, but I still consider those grenades to be nice prints. ;) Can't compare them to your current amazing prints, but I've seen your journey from the beginning and you never cease to amaze me when you show me new photos of your newest prints, Master Kaween. ;)

Alright, spray painted. Now time to hand-paint and weather them.

DSC01852.JPG

I can honestly say, it's more like people like you pushing people like me to achieve better results. :) And for that, I'm very greatful, Cmdr. :)
Stil a loooooong way from Master Level myself, really.

And those grenades look fab now !

Stil a loooooong way from Master Level myself, really.
disclaimer: some things that I type may sound weirder than they are meant to sound

OF COURSE "Master Printer kaween " is at it again!
He SAYS He's not the best, but really; he knows he's the best in the Buisness (he's super modest, you can tell by the ',really' that he always types when he's being modest)
and honestly, Kris; Everyone has they're own personal strong suit.

Here's the chart: as best as I Know
kaween : 3D printing at it's finest, and apparently software working (or so I've been told.)

Commander P. : Quite a bit of things to a degree (undersuits, weathering boss-like armor suits, boss-like armor suits....)

Shankerz: somehow directly offending people with out getting banned; and still make everybody think he's awesome (Shankerz, you're the best!)

Me: No Idea. Yet. I'm good at modeling, but nowhere near as good as Kristian. I'm not bad with foam either. I dunno.

BACK ON TOPIC, ME!! I got a little bit carried away...

anyhow,
Commander, Those are some nice pineapples you've got there. Errr... that sounded weird....I think you know that I meant GRENADES. no weirdness intended.:behave:$:darnkids:unsure
where did you get the first grenade?! mflanny?

Finished. All dirty and used.

Don't ask me how they are still here and not blown up to pieces.

Tried few things, but wanted to have them dirty and dusty.
It was also a quicker job, no time left for more but I'm happy.

DSC01860.JPG
DSC01861.JPG
DSC01862.JPG

And a shot with the Magnum.

DSC01865.JPG

Kaween, you make me look as if I was a monster..! Noooo! Mblackwell said I do badass things...
And yeah, I got this from that guy... long time ago, haha.

Hey, I said it's NOT supposed to be weird. It kinda came out funny( I was meaning to do a typical Halo phrase), and afterward I thought you might get a laugh out of it. so I decided not to change the weirdness...I don't know If I was wright or wrong; but if I stepped on anyone's toes, or popped anyone's bubble, I apologize.

Sorry! :facepalm I didn't mean for it to be weird in any non-standard way.

Mara's skin is thicker than that, Trevor.
And Palmer's skin is virutally bulletproof. Should be, considering the state of her armor. :D

Great job on the paint, as always. :) You should be giving classes, Ma'am. Even an artistic barbarian like me would learn heaps from those.

Oh, gosh Kris , playing it safe huh?:D go ahead, just roll over and show that belly of yours.:D(kidding)

Honestly, Kris, or should I say MasterPrinter the wise, I can't tell if you're just teasing or not...

anyhow,
Mara nice paintjob. you really should make a tutorial on your tecniques... at least Kris (MasterPrinter the wise) and I agree on some things.:D

Alright guys, the Play-Teasing ends here. I hope...

A small video, because the photos didn't do justice (at all).

Also, Kris is right. I was joking, Trevor. Teasing is always funny, sorry for dry sense of humor and all. >:]
And thank you, hehe.
agentflorida, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back