MA5C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ares

Hi guys, I'd like to make a MA5C. My favorite weapon in Halo 3.
So I'd like to ask what you guys think would be the best method for making one-as realistic as it can be.

Make it solid with steel plating and the ability to shoot actual tungsten bullets.

Or just do the hollow cardboard trick, really cheap way of getting it good.

Make it out of styrene or cardboard and fiberglass with multiple sections (hood, stock, butt) like link's but leave enough room to mount some airsoft internals.

Or make it one piece and fill it with resin for weight.

I love airsoft and I'm a big airsofter but I'd never use my MA5C.
I'm thinking of making a base out of wood then doing details using clay...perhaps...

Sigma-LS said:
Make it out of styrene or cardboard and fiberglass with multiple sections (hood, stock, butt) like link's but leave enough room to mount some airsoft internals.

Or make it one piece and fill it with resin for weight.

Totally off-topic, but Sigma, you know your signature spells HAC?

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to use my pepakura one, HERE

It's got a lot more detail than most people are able to make out of wood or cardboard (can't say for you though). I'm making mine out of pepakura, and I believe Master Chef said he had finished his, ecxept for the grip. I'll post pics of it in my topic in a day or two.

Use Robogenisis's files, than use matboard to had details, then use apoxie sculpt to sculpt more details, then fiberglass, then pwn stormtroopers :not worthy:

Lol.
I have no idea if I suck or am good at Pepakura. I might try to make a shoulder piece for testing purposes.

Yup I've finished mine and I've started on the grips cuz I'm not gona wait for the gripless. I'll post pics sometime tonight. Insomnia rocks. Use robogenisis's. I had no problems with it.

Ok, cool. I'll print it out soon and glue it with hot glue then show you guys-I will then I believe use fiberglass and fiberglass the outside and resin the inside if possible to add weight. I'm also considering making my own crazy-awesome LED display:
Idea:
Use BLACK colored plexiglass (or plastic) and draw a display using a white Sharpie and put a bright blue LED behind it. I might also make the Display Hood (AKA that big thing on top of it) removable, and make a bunch of mags.
Another awesome idea:
Make a fake bullet out of clay and detail it...make a clay mold (my art teacher gave me an idea) and fill it with resin. Add resin onto the bottom of the mag until where the bullet would protrude from the top and add it there. Perhaps I might make another AR and fill it with Airsoft internals...

And I have a good idea how to paint it, heres my general idea for color schemes:
Main Body: Silver
Hood: Darker Silver
Body: Dark Grey
Highlights: The good old sock technique using black
Also I will use Krylon sealer or whatever it is that you use to give it a slight shine.

All paints will be Krylon.

Idea for the ammo counter: Use a piece of blue tinted plastic, cut to fit in the back of the shroud. Cut masking tape to make the pattern you need, apply it to the plastic, and spray paint black over it. then remove the masking tape, mount it with an LED (blue or white) behind it, and presto, light-up ammo counter!

I would but I don't have the cash.
Plus making something yourself is so much better feeling.

Ares said:
I would but I don't have the cash.
Plus making something yourself is so much better feeling.

i made both of mine with cardboard and they look good

Last edited by a moderator:
Well for me i think the best method is to create two rough shapes of the MA5C then seal them up together in the middle. After that you should add on the main details like fore grip and other stuff. After that you should add the small details like those two lines at the fore part and stuff like that. Thats what i did for my MA5C.

Ok, you want to print Robogenisis' AR, make it, then resin the OUTSIDE TWICE. Then draw a line down the middle of the whole thing lengthwise, and now that its hard, cut with a dremel. Fiberglass insides of the two halves, then epoxy them together. Presto! It's very strong and had a good weight. You dont want to fiberglass the outside because you loose detail.

Before you do ANYTHING, does this look good to you:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yqVKYuu9XpQ

Because thats how I made mines, if you like how it looks I could teach you how I did it. Its about 5 bucks since I had a budget, and is quite sturdy. I attached a mag-light to the bottom, and waiting for a display pad to come for the ammo counter.

No offense meant AT ALL but it looks like it costed 5 dollars. Tape is a bad idea if you want a realistic looking weapon. The wrinkles kill the effect of the flat stamped metal look (thats how the housing and body is most likely manufactured much like the modern AK-47 ect.). I finished my AR by robogenisis tonight and late tomorrow after doing some thanksgiving cooking I'll see if I can post the completed Pep. ITS FINALLY DONE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back