Macattack64 Mark VI Spartan Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I used a cutting wheel, you just have to be careful. I'll have some pictures tomorrow. I have them painted red. The forearms are drying now. I'll do the black tomorrow and them slight sand and blackwash. :)

SoullessSin said:
Pics now plox :D

I wanna see how you weather em

I didn't weather them yet. It'll take a day or 2. I need to let the paint fully dry. Lets see 24hrs for the red tonight. so tomorrow at 10 or 9 I'll tape off for the black. I may paint the black then or later on the next day.

I don't want it too weathered. Just hit up some of the edges lightly and a black wash not too too much. Just doing it like my helmet. It'll get worn wearing it and that's where the base coat black and second coat silver will end up coming out. lol maybe.. :\

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea I know what you mean. I want something that's like tht with kinda scuffy on corners and dirty with the black wash. :)

Here's just a butt load of pictures of different stages of paint.

P8220133.jpg

P8220134.jpg

P8220135.jpg

P8220136.jpg

P8220137.jpg

P8220138.jpg

P8230139.jpg

P8230140.jpg

P8230141.jpg

P8230142.jpg

P8230143.jpg

P8230147.jpg

SoullessSin said:
Lol yeah.

Hopefully mine will turn out as good as yours :p

Haha i wish the same for mine being good as yours. You're doing an awesome job. I'd really love to get it done for halloween. Hey I'm gonna see if I can apply for a job at gamestop dressed like a spartan. lol :p

Wow I am stunned at your forearms...

I would love to work at gamestop lol.

Though I heard you have to be 18 and have some connections.

If you are gonna get it done by halloween, what pieces do you have so far?

I'm not all that happy with the forearms.. I'm not sure, but should it be easy to scratch my forearm with my nail? Or did I paint it wrong again? I forgot what I did for my helmet but I think I had the same issue.. >.<

Nice nice nice :D

Personally, I really like how your forearms came out. Very clean, and with a good amount of detail. As for the issue of the painting coming off too easily, my suggestion would be to apply a matte clear coat to seal the paint and help prevent such scratching. If you just paint it and leave it as-is, then you'll find that it won't take wear and tear for the paint to rub/scratch off.

That'd be my advice anyway, buddy :cool

If I did that it wouldn't match the helmet.. :\

I'm gonna leave it for like 24 hours and see what happens then..

I did a primer, then black, then silver, then red..

I probably should have sanded in between?

Yeah, a light sanding between coats/layers probably would've helped the paint to adhere a little better. That usually does the trick. Hopefully the paint will be sturdier and resistant to scratching after a good twenty-four hour drying time.

SPARTAN II said:
Yeah, a light sanding between coats/layers probably would've helped the paint to adhere a little better. That usually does the trick. Hopefully the paint will be sturdier and resistant to scratching after a good twenty-four hour drying time.

Well I'm just gonna finish it off and do what needs to be done. It'll be sitting for a while anyways.. Last thing it really needs is padding.. I am happy with them but I'm not sure where a few slight indents came from.. :\

Oh well They won't be that noticable when I make it look dirty. :p

I'm sorry for the double post. I realized what the prblem is. It has to do with the black paint I used and there not being a surface for the paint to bond to.. :\

Here's the damage..

P8240148.jpg

P8240149.jpg

P8240150.jpg

P8240151.jpg

Here's my question for the 4 people who actually view my thread :p.. Should I go primer then red.. Or go primer black then sand it a bit, then silver then sand a bit, then red?

Here's my question for the 4 people who actually view my thread :p.. Should I go primer then red.. Or go primer black then sand it a bit, then silver then sand a bit, then red?

Primer, Silver, Then Red?

I plan on doing that to give it a couple scratch marks in some areas.

SoullessSin said:

Primer, Silver, Then Red?

I plan on doing that to give it a couple scratch marks in some areas.

I did it like that but didn't think to sand in between and now the silver and red peeled off.. :(

Macattack64 said:
I did it like that but didn't think to sand in between and now the silver and red peeled off.. :(

Egad! Damn buddy, that looks painful. I didn't realize the damage was so bad. Personally, I'd say go with the second approach. Prime it, then black, sand it a bit, then silver, sand a bit then red. By lightly sanding each layer before applying the next, that should help each layer to adhere better to the one underneath.

I'll probably do like 2 coats for each layer, but I'm glad I figured out the problem now.. lol

And the black add on made some wierd thing and I think it was because maybe the red shrank and made it all wierd or something.. Either way I'm gonna have to try to get in there and sand it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back