Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2011 405th Participation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to spoil the fun but I think for the Macy's and the Rose Parade you have to be invited to be in it. You can't just sign up. It might be wise to look into that first before everyone shows up in gear. But as an idea it would be a fun, very long march!

This would be epic. If either of those parades falls through though, what about picking one event somewhere and just focusing on hitting it en masse? A parade, or a con, or anything really. Just something extra to D*C or Comiccon.

Not to spoil the fun but I think for the Macy's and the Rose Parade you have to be invited to be in it. You can't just sign up. It might be wise to look into that first before everyone shows up in gear. But as an idea it would be a fun, very long march!

I agree. I believe you have to be extremely important to be invited. One other option is to crash the party. I don't mean run amok and join the parade. I think it is possible to apply for a police permit and have a gathering of 405th near the parades. If the attendance is large enough, 405th can possibly get some TV coverage. Of course all of this will need the blessing from Microsoft first.

Yes you are correct the paperwork does have to bbe approved by the Macy's Parade Staff, I'm missing two things to be able to turn the paperwork in 1. How Many People? 2. A Video of the 405th in a parade I was thinking if I could get a good video of the 405th in the D*C Parade that would be good but if there is a better video someone has that could be better.
I have to have the paperwork in by April 1st in order to get approved, but if this is something that the 405th could be involved with, you've got to wonder what Bungie will really think of our group. If this is approved by the Macys Parade Staff then with permission from Senior Staff here a Sign-Up list will be created and someone here will approve suits for the event.

This is a perfect idea. It would be a dream come true. And to all of the people who say they cant afford to go, you can. One word: Roadtrip. I would so totally be down for this. I just need better armor. I think we should have a meeting at some point in time to all en masse work on our armor. Probably D*Con would be the best time for that. Im defenatly interested.

Ok Spoke to my Wife about this... She's in! I have a truck that get s great Highway and a full crew cab. I can take 2. already looked into renting a small Uhaul for hauling armor safely. I'm still getting my Foam armor together.

I fully agree with Fuzzy on this, getting rallies together in home area for mass armor making would be a great idea. I know buddy Moore would be into this, We've started a small Buckeye unit here in Ohio on FB. Getting together and maybe getting ready for a parade would possibly get us all in gear, and see some serious Props come out of it.

We've got Harvest Home Parade here and the Reds Day Parade, I have a few connections i can talk too.

Don't go making any plans for the Macys Parade until it is finalized that we are in, that way if we get denied people won't be wasting money. Like I said that's the only things missing is a number of people and I can achieve that with a sign-up list and the other thing I am missing is a video of the 405th in a previous parade and so far the one that we have had the most people in was the D*C parade I'll be contacting Drakku on that involving pics and vid of the 405th in the D*C parade that we had this year. The number one thing to look into is like Fuzzy said Roadtrip, if this is a go contact people in your vicinity that may be driving with who you can carpool with.

I think the best thing to do now, because I think the Interest has been generated, is to get together and build, mold, and make the best armor we can anywary In each of our respective regions. We can't worry about hotel rooms and roadtrips until we are actually allowed to romp and parade around new york city.

So do you guys think I need to start a sign-up list and point out all the ideas that have been generated? Also point out submitting suit entries to myself for giving a yes/no before a person is added to the list? I have until April 1st to get all the ducks in a row so to speak and to put all the paperwork in.

I think a Sign -up list would be a great Idea to start things off. But to be Finalized in the sign-up process you will have to show pics of your suit. or PM the leader of this event. It's how some rounds are done for Gunpla events, your artwork has to be of decent quality before you can even register. Like, no single suits with no work done on them. Only full displays with high quality.

Hope this would be a helpful idea.

Question: Do we need to have a completed suit ready for submission for approval when we sign up? Or are we going to approve armor sometime next year? Hopefully, it's the latter, because I don't have a working suit right now. At least, not one that would pass approval.

To be added to the list you have to send me a e-mail with a photo of you in your completed suit, you can post in the sign-up thread that you are doing a WIP and I won't be sending in the application until 1 week prior to the deadline to get the application in by.I'll be approving and adding people to the list up until one week before the deadline then the sign-up will be closed and we will go from there.

4 good cold months to get a Nice Quality suit ready?... I'm on it, starting yesterday!

I hate saying this, but make sure the "Newbies" now that the thread is not for posting just random WIPS; that'll clog it to heck and back.

"April 1st "

that would make one of the best April fools day jokes, to have that much build up.... and it better not be one...

do you have any idea how much the cost will be per spartan? or is it a set price for the whole group, that would be split according to how many came.... just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back