mah helmit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you really need is a printer, 110lb cardstock scissors, and some sorta glue. I wouldn't give up if I were you. Everyone starts somwhere and obviously the people that have put you down don't recall where they started from, especially the ones that made somehtign BEFORE they found the 405th, like you.

Dont give up, learn from your mistakes, hold your head up high and keep building :]

Arbiter452 said:
your forgetting one CRUCIAL element.
a Windows computer.
which i dont have

How were we supposed to know? you never said that until now...

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried my luck at a helmet before I ran into the 405th too. It was junk.

I know alot of people were mean about saying it, but taking a professional stand on the issue, I would agree that your best bet would be to start over, using the 405th resources to guide you along the way.

If there's no possible way you can use pep, then thats fine, you may want to consider something else, such as cardboard, or scratch building. This time you will do alot better, considering you have a gallery loaded with reference pics, helpful people, and plenty of techniques that you never had before when you made this helmet. I suggest you start a new topic, with a new WIP helmet, and go from there. Like I said before, you will be surprised how much your craftsmanship will improve. Take it from someone who has been there before.

Listen to BlacRoseImmortal, start over again using pep. Your first model with pep may not be that good, but you will get better as you progress. I remember my first hemet was horrible too. Just try again, and don't give up hope like I did for awhile.

Arbiter452 said:
your forgetting one CRUCIAL element.
a Windows computer.
which i dont have

Use a friends PC to download pepakura and print everything out... it only takes 5 minutes ;)

Darkslitter said:
I quote from your elite topic. "i know i dont have a PC, but i got access to one and i drew this." Use that computer.

well i wont again. i got access to it from a guy i met on that day

Ok. You wouldnt be saying this if you just did pep.
Let me spell it out for you.
If you read the tutorials, get inspired, and listen to everyones critism, you will suceed, somewhat.
I, had no idea how to do this. I read the tutorials, and listened everyone, and I came out with this...

IMG_1132.jpg

Its not the best. But its OK.

Just please, listen to us. Do pep.

Well, seeing as this topic is still kinda here. I have to say, from my personal experience, I think cardboard is in fact easier than pep. IMO cardboard is faster, you have more creativity to add in, and you can guarantee that no one elses will look that way. However even sometimes my imagination can go on my piece, and yes, I print a piece from pep and trace it onto cardboard. I use pep as a booster when im stuck. I dont rely on it, I use it as a reference. And, as for a lit earlier in this thread, dont mind the people being dicks. Sometimes their life gets stressed and they have to take out their anger in some way or another...
Aaaaaaaaaanways, My rants over, hope you eventually come back to see this thread sometime again. - Ice

Don't always just give up. I'm sure one of your friends will let you use their computer for a few minutes to print out some pep stuff. Besides, what's giving up going to solve? It's all a simple process of trial and error. You just have to take your time and keep working at it. When I first joined my armor wasn't exactly what you would call "awesome". Take my ODST for example.

When I first joined....
100_0935.jpg

After that helmet, I always thought of giving up. But where would that lead me? No where. So I decided to continue and built my second ODST...

(Scratchbuild from cardboard)
100_1098-1.jpg

100_1091-1.jpg

And now I'm working harder to improve as well as do a few pep works. If I had given up with my first helmet, I would've never improved at all. If you give up, you're headed nowhere. If you strive on, you'll get somewhere. Just my advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.