Major Gun's Wip Halo 1 Marine Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Major Gun

Hello Everyone,

I have started making my armor. I chose to do Halo 1 Marine armor because it's easier and cheaper than Spartan armor and I like it.

So far I have pepped the thigh plates and am working on the shoulder plates right now.

Pictures

DSC00817.jpg

DSC00818.jpg

My inspiration

DSC00821.jpg

I will have some pictures of the shoulder plates up by tonight. I would like to thank and give credit to Garland for the wonderful pdo files that I have used.

-Luke

Update:

I have finished pepping the shoulder plates.

DSC00823.jpg

Question: I am going to be getting some resin and fiberglass tomorrow and need some help. I have read all the stickies about twice each, but the ones on fiberglassing only show how to fiberglass things like a helmet that isn't hollow. Is there anything special I need to do to resin and fiberglass the thigh and shoulder plates I made, since they are hollow?

Thanks

-Luke

haha i just asked this, also there is a newish post with new halo 1 armour files. either here in noob forum or in pepakura/cardboard forum. The new one is so much better i threw out my helmet and all my halo 1 pieces to redo em, and i made alot lol. The new shoulders and thighs etc are holo so u can fiberglass. If your hell bent on glassing what you have you can do what i was going to try, I was going to cut the top piece off of the thighs, fiber glass it and then trim and glue the top back on. Never did get to try the new files came out. I did try expanding foam (for pipes and stuff) i got from home depot, that was a nightmare. Also i used the thigh the scale thigh piece (which was small for me) for the inside padding for the thigh piece once i scaled up, i just flipped it around. Anyway i'm probably rambling but i hope it helps someone a little, or at the very least they wont make the same mistakes. Cheers

EDIT: here is the thread http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19654&st=0

I couldn't find the files could you post them here if you have them. I think I might however just use what I have. I'll cut them in half fiberglass the inside then put them back together.

-Luke

Just cut my thigh plates in half to test them. If you are thinking about cutting your pepped stuff in half cut the thigh plates as a test as they a re the easiest to make. I will be going to Ace Hardware in about 15 minutes and will update you on how easy it is to put them back together once fiberglassed.

-Luke

Update it didn't work out to well. I'll be using the thigh plates that SNAFU posted a link to. I'll be finishing pepping my helmet soon. I'll post pics when it's done.

-Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back