MAke a mold or buy a model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weldenvard

Hiya im brand new and the question im asking i wasnt able to find anywhere else.

I watched Adams video on how to make a mold but i was wondering about what he coated with silicone. Did he mold that helmet or was it bought? Heres the video, its the ODST helmet one//http://youtube.com/watch?v=wiyzNmw83AUF//. The red helmet with the blue visor in the beggining. Did he make that? If it was bought i would love to know if anyone knows the site they got it from. If it was made out of clay im assuming im going to need to get busy and start referencing.

Any input is greatly appreciated!!

it was clay. and buying a statue someone makes and casting it is quite unethical. its technically theft of someones work. and since this is already technically an illegal hobby we kind of have to work on the honor system. in summation get modeling.

hmmm okay.

So i guess i should purchase some clay and start looking at refrences eh?
What about fiberglassed Pepakura model covered in clay. That might work.

His ODST helm is clay but Adam's mjolnir armor and some others are modified recasts of the muckle statue. I think making that off a statue is okay but not off of other people's armor.

sweet okay, so let me get this striaght.

Mold of the model might be okay as long as its not someones elses work? ANd i know this is a bad mindset but if this hobby is technically illegal then im not too worried. I definetly wouldn't use someone elses work. That takes all the fun away!!!

So maybe a good fiberglassed pep model and then silicone mold it would work?

I sculpted that myself. Most of my suit is a modified muckle statue. I'd suggest using pepakura and sculpting off that base. See Spase and his works.

great thanks!!

So pretty much make a pep armor and use that as the base.

O and since im in the noob forums ill deem this appropriate...

whats a muckle statue ?? :unsure:

Chowchipzz said:
great thanks!!

So pretty much make a pep armor and use that as the base.

O and since im in the noob forums ill deem this appropriate...

whats a muckle statue ?? :unsure:

muckle statue

Last edited by a moderator:
thats pretty kewl, but quite expensive.
Im 14 but i have 2 jobs so my range of options is quite extensive.

I was looking at Spase's stuff and i like the way it turns out. I might try and do the Pep/fiber/silicone mold.

Should i start with the helmet or no? I heard its the most difficult piece and id rather not waste materials on something.

Chowchipzz said:
thats pretty kewl, but quite expensive.
Im 14 but i have 2 jobs so my range of options is quite extensive.

I was looking at Spase's stuff and i like the way it turns out. I might try and do the Pep/fiber/silicone mold.

Should i start with the helmet or no? I heard its the most difficult piece and id rather not waste materials on something.

I'd recommend it.

DKK said:
buying a statue someone makes and casting it is quite unethical. its technically theft of someones work. and since this is already technically an illegal hobby we kind of have to work on the honor system

well this is what adam did... molding a statue to make a costume is not unethical. you are simply making their statue wearable. Molding a costume to make a costume because you are stealing for personal gain. Careful what you say about our admin.

Not sure, but I think Adam meant he used a statue as a reference,the muckle statues are only 1/6 scale of a 7 foot person, meaning, the statue is only around 1 foot tall, this Adam couldn't have molded it, he had to have sculpted it himself based from a muckle statue.

Adam said:
I sculpted that myself. Most of my suit is a modified muckle statue.

He basically used it for reference and modified it to look/fit better off of that if I am correct.

AoBfrost said:
Not sure, but I think Adam meant he used a statue as a reference,the muckle statues are only 1/6 scale of a 7 foot person, meaning, the statue is only around 1 foot tall, this Adam couldn't have molded it, he had to have sculpted it himself based from a muckle statue.

DKK is right, Adam's Muckle Armor was taken off the life sized Muckle version with mods done to it. PM Adam for more details.

If you really want to, I'd suggest you start learning sculpting and work from there. Nothing beats the satisfaction of actually scratch-sculpting/building your own work and then having it molded and casted for your own usage. ;)

Just me.

Stay safe,

Tim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back