Making A Suit For Airsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacknights154

hi all new to the forum
my plan is to make a mk vI suit plus working airsoft battle rifle to wear at an airsoft event i will be attending in the summer and i was just wondering if anyone had done this before especialy the issue of the eye protection i have thort it through and i plan to build the helmet onto a paintball mask any advice welcome

I would say a full mjolnir suit might be out of the question. It would be incredibly bulky, and really hard to run around in. A better option might be going with the Halo 1 marine files. That helm is very simple, and it would fit over a pair of airsoft goggles very easily. You could also do the Halo 3 Marine files if you wanted the armor to be more detailed. Those marine files aren't totally constricting you body, so you could run, duck, and move around much faster. But regardless of which files you choose, just be sure the game you go to will allow you to wear the armor. I've been to big paintball scenarios before where you have to have any "props" pre approved by the officials before you can use them. Overall, good luck! ;)

Yeah, good luck at the event man! A standard motorcycle visor will probably work for the MKV eye protection as they are manufactured to take road impact (gravel & debris hitting them at 100mph). As for the rest of the suit, I know that my M14 EBR (Mid Grade AEG) will go right through fiberglass as it has cracked the thick plastic window housing on my kitchen window. I would imagine that even low grade springers would probably damage the armor also as even the low grade models hit 300+ fps. I would suggest using the hot glue method and/or great stuff along with it to make sure that your armor survives intact, or even making a few sheet steel (Home Depot) trauma plates to bolt inside the front & back part of the torso and inside of the helm face so that those pesky 6mms don't get through if your armor does crack.

unfortunately due to be being in the uk and the insurance regs for the particular im going to, custom eye and face proctection is absolutey not allowed so it will have to start life as a paintball mask or i wear a pair of protective glasses under the visor which i really dont want to do.

thankyou for the information about the fibre glass and the strength i had been thinking as much myself ive made up a mock suit out of card so ill test out varying thickness fibre glass at short range with my aeg coincidently also an m14 which runs at 350 fps with 0.2g

blacknights154 said:
hi all new to the forum
my plan is to make a mk vI suit plus working airsoft battle rifle to wear at an airsoft event i will be attending in the summer and i was just wondering if anyone had done this before especialy the issue of the eye protection i have thort it through and i plan to build the helmet onto a paintball mask any advice welcome

Try this:

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopi...rt=#entry246309

Last edited by a moderator:
well, first thing you should know is that pep and resin-ed armor will not hold up against air soft

that hole there is from a 300 or so fps pistol, went strait through, if you intend to keep the armor after the event find something stronger. ;)

Spawn Camp3r said:
well, first thing you should know is that pep and resin-ed armor will not hold up against air soft

that hole there is from a 300 or so fps pistol, went strait through, if you intend to keep the armor after the event find something stronger. ;)

Like I said before, hot glue, expanding foam, and 22 gauge sheet steel trauma plates.

it will stop bb penetration but unless u coat the outside the resin will have spiderweb cracking and if theres bondo it will be pulverised

hmmm thankyou for the information looks likes it is goin to prove more costly than i had anticipated ill have to look into moulded armour bt also this hot glue method could work for a purely one use only suit

but on the updside the f2000 ill be using for my battle riffle should arrive this week

blacknights154 said:
hmmm thankyou for the information looks likes it is goin to prove more costly than i had anticipated ill have to look into moulded armour bt also this hot glue method could work for a purely one use only suit

but on the updside the f2000 ill be using for my battle riffle should arrive this week

coolness. the TM FN2000's are pretty decent.

molded armor however still wont hold up verywell, depending on thickness. but that stuff get heavy real quick.

That is tom foolery! Tokyo marui does not make an FN2000.

And a suit can stand up to airsoft if you use proper goggles and use 10-14 layers of fiberglass mat.

yes the fn 2000 i have on route is a cheapsoft version bt it will be heavily customised as well as a gearbox rebuild with systema parts to churn out 35o fps for any interested

spartan thankyou for that sugestion i had thought this myself so i guess there is nothing left but trial and error i plan on building a test chest plate at the weekend

You mean bondo won't even hold up to a simple BB.

Im building my armor to be strong enough against paintballs.How many layers of fiber-glass will I need?

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

paintballs? even at 290fps, a paintball has a bit more energy i think than an airsoft round, plus its distributed over a larger surface area.

BOTH ideas will get your stuff broken.

now, aluminum or so forth woudl rock....

Spawn Camp3r, have you repeated the test on the hand plate after you fiber glassed it? I'd be interested to see how it holds up.

no.

there have got to be a bazillion threads on this exact topic.

i beleive what the mods said was were not here to get people to make armor and have them go out and play airsoft with it.

AS has its own rules, etc, and they shoudl be followed.

also note, woudl you REALLY want to subject your armor, which has taken those of you who have actually finished it a very very long time, in some cases, years actually play in it, and get hit a few times and have stuff explode, shatter, snap off, or break while youre playing?

...i wouldnt...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back