Making a suit for paintball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seno 'Ypsamee said:
You do realize you can get killed like this, right? All it takes is one paintball to hit your temple, and you're dead, just like that. Also, you can get severely injured playing like this as well. Be smart, wear the safety equipment they make for the sport. You don't see football players playing games without pads, do you?

Go ahead, be "hardcore," and when the doctors asked you why you didn't play with the correct safety equipment, being "hardcore" won't help the fact that you have a tear in your abdomen, or a ruptured spleen...

quite my point, i always wear my safety mask, which does cover your temples anyway, even if your the only one theyre shooting targets i wear the equipment, halo armour itself is optional, (a dumb idea in my opinion) but a halo helmet?

if you could manage to get the paintball mask inside the helmet, then i guess it may be acceptable, but i think its a pointless idea altogther

Last edited by a moderator:
Moz said:
Do whatever you want but
DO NO RELY ON THE VISOR TO PROTECT YOUR EYES, USE PROPER EYE PROTECTION. WEAR THE GOOGLES INSIDE THE HELMET AND EITHER FIND A WAY TO MOUNT THE VISOR TO THE GOGGLES OR USE NO VISOR AT ALL.

MOTORCYCLE SHIELDS WILL SPALL, SENDING SMALL PLASTIC SHARDS INTO YOUR EYES.
Thats 100% true!!!!!!!!!

Honstly I wouldn't go for a full suite maybe jsut a helmet. If your going to do that you should use a base of a REAL Paintball helmet so your protected. A full suit would be almost IMPOSSABLE to move around and and run with.

ALSO Most places will NOT let you place there if you don't have the correct euqmenet.

spartan415 said:
have you even actually seen that?
i think not. motorcycle face shields hold up to small rocks hitting them at 50mph or more and if you have your paintball gun at the usual FPS 250-300 it shouldn't do anything to the mask.

YES. A small rock does not have the same joules as a paint ball or airsoft pellet. It doesn't have to crack the visor to damage or blind you. Small shards of plastic will flake off the inside of the visor and fall into your eyes. Nearly all visors are not ANSI Z87 which means they are not impact rated. Putting a Z87 visor into anything other than a helmet also ends its rating, since the impact being absorbed by the hinges plays a large part.

I dated an EMS responder who has seen the after math of many motorcycle accidents and that visor will not protect you.

it's not that difficult to fit goggles into the helmet if you design it right. Completed unrelated video that shows me using goggles in the place of the visor. Just look at the thumbnail

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yChnRU0pc1k" target="_blank">
</a>

Sigma-LS said:
Well it's good to hear that from such a well-credited source.

By the way.....WELCOME BACK MOZ! We missed ya! :D

don't get to excited, I've moved on to half life 2 costuming. (and it seems I am the only person who does it :/ )

anyone considered locking this?

i mean, this guy isnt coming back online, i doubt he is still wanting to make this

Well I'll be joining you soon moz, as I plan on making a hev suit after my iron man one. I don't look a bit like him, but the suit looks so cool...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back