Mandalorian Visor Ideas

ZeldaCat

Jr Member
So I know I've made a post about this before, but this time I'm here to talk about alternative materials for my visor instead of the clear resin print that I did. I know that there are a lot of different resources that I could use, but I'd like to narrow it down to something affordable and easy to work with. Any ideas are appreciated.

I used an acetate sheet with mirrored window tint applied. I reckon it came out quite well! I got both sets of material in good amounts for pretty cheap so I was able to afford a mistake or two.

buy one of those full mask gaurds for like 4 bucks and spray tint on the back, then cut out the shape you need.

Another thing to consider is cellophane. My mom brought that idea up a bit ago, and it’s interesting to me that she thought of it.

I used 1mm-0.5mm plastic sheets about 200x400 for about $20 AUD, so that's like $12-$15 USD. I then bought one way mirrored window tint about $8-$10 USD. All up it was cheap and worked pretty well to heat form.

I used 1mm-0.5mm plastic sheets about 200x400 for about $20 AUD, so that's like $12-$15 USD. I then bought one way mirrored window tint about $8-$10 USD. All up it was cheap and worked pretty well to heat form.
I’ll do some research on that method and a few others to try and figure out how to make it work

buy one of those full mask gaurds for like 4 bucks and spray tint on the back, then cut out the shape you need.
This method is only if you don't want to use heat, i do recommend either vacuum forming or at least heating and shaping plastic if you have the ability to. sibear petg plastic is good for forming.

Don’t know if you still need ideas, but I’ve seen people use whatever plastic they can find with nite-shade spray paint. It’s kinda like a spray on mirror tint. Hope you find something!

Depends on what colour visor you want, but you can buy a clear mask visor like the ones people were wearing during the pandemic, tint it (or get one already tinted) and cut out the shape you need

This thread is more than 7 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back