MANGA art galery. And little manga art tutorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello im spartanmartin also known as tyagotche at my manga art club at school.
Ok heres the deal what i want all you good drawers to show your artwork here!
Il show mine after this first post.

All these pictures are from..... www.howtodrawmanga.com/tutorial

Ok Manga is basicly the japanese big eyed people........

And heres my tutorial for drawing a basic face. (Its good for pasing time by da way!)

THE BASIC MANGA FACE+HEAD.

Equipment: pecils, ruler, paper, something round (unless you can do a circle), refrence pics for later on when you know what to do, and to read this.

step one: Ok what you do is draw a circle as shown.... [attachment=1844:head1a.gif]

second step:OK know youve done that you draw a line a bit further down and then put a litle line across the other line then put 2 big lines from side of circle and put to sides of line you just drew. do as shown... [attachment=1845:head1c.gif]

third step: Know you put a litle thingy on sides of lines as shown on picture. [attachment=1846:head1d.gif]

forth step: know you draw the nose, eyes with a line below each one and a litle mouth as shown in picture...[attachment=1847:head1e.gif]

fith step: know you clean up the lines and draw the proper eyes (eyes will be shown in a minute)...... clean up picture basicly...... [attachment=1849:head1f.gif]

Know thats the face done and part of head.

Know for the eyes if you cant get the hold of drawing them. (i cant tell you how to draw them but there will be pics of them.

male eyes: [attachment=1839:eyef.gif] pic 2: eyes front wiout face... [attachment=1841:eyes5a.gif]
female eyes: [attachment=1838:eye_a.gif]

Ok know for the hair: Well the hair is probably the hardest bit for me.... Im still learing to do propaly but the way but heres a
few refrence pics for you all....

Male/female hair: 1: [attachment=1837:hair2b.jpg] 2: [attachment=1840:hair2c.jpg] 3: [attachment=1843:hair2e.jpg]
4: [attachment=1842:hair2d.jpg] 5: [attachment=1836:hair2a.jpg]

THANKS FOR RWADING THIS TOPIC AND TUTORIAL! PLEASE COMMENT ON HOW I DID THIS. FOR THIS IS MY FIRST TUTORIAL IVE EVER DONE!

THANKS! regards:spartanmartin, aka ben. aka tyagotche!

YAY PICS WORK! anyways here are my drawings! and i did all this in one week!
My picture book: [attachment=1850:picture_011.jpg]

My drawing im working on at the moment: [attachment=1851:picture_013.jpg]

my robot drawing off internet: [attachment=1852:picture_015.jpg]

Girl with 2 pistols off internet: [attachment=1853:picture_016.jpg]

Another robot of internet: [attachment=1854:picture_017.jpg]

My page of varous eyes: [attachment=1855:picture_022.jpg]

Me trying to get a face right: [attachment=1856:picture_021.jpg]

Me with my nick name on paper to show its atuvely me: [attachment=1857:picture_025.jpg]

Ok thats pretty much my picture book of manga in there please comment on tutorial and my pics! thanks!

I can draw in that style, but the ones in your tutorial seem kinda like the style everyone used 10 years ago.

btw, I got haruhi pep file, very hard to make, but looks anime accurate and very good.
haruhipep.png

Very nice frost! btw can you send me that file in a pm? im not tryin to sound like im the best cmon ive only been doing this for a week! can you send me a pic of your drawing's? so i can observe and learn?

I dont draw much anymore, I stopped watching alot of anime because of reasons I wont explain, but I will occasionaly watch the "omg worlds most popular" series.

I've seen

Full metal alchemist
Every ep of sailor moon
every ep of db dbz and all other dragonball series/movies
inuyasha
bleach
naruto
deathnote
ryuusei no rockman
he is my master
fruits basket
chobits
flcl
ouran highschool

alot more I cant think of right now....

episodes burned as .avi with a hacked ps2 = omg avi files on the biiiiggg screeeen.

vid of my haxz0red ps2 playing avi's off a external hard drive.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y133/FMAR...=Ps2Haxz0rs.flv

Hey most of those pictures u used in your tutorial look like pictures from another tutorial site, i cant remember it name though...by chance are they or did you make them<like the eyes and hairs>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spartan-118 @ Nov 23 2007, 07:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Hey most of those pictures u used in your tutorial look like pictures from another tutorial site, i cant remember it name though...by chance are they or did you make them<like the eyes and hairs></div>
Yeh they are but....... i have included the name of site on it to. i juat did cos i wanted to help other mangakers. thats all i didnt break anyrules or anythin did I? If i have will i have to delete this topic? I hope i dont......

When i was bout 6 i watched evry epesode of sailor moon to lol! all there was about then on my TV.

Any ways aobfrost i think i know why u stopperd watchin manga cartoon........ and almost evry epesode of fruit bowl has somin to do with it lol.

When you get caught into all the anime craze, you watch tons of series, my sister is an addict now, she watches 20-30 series per week, infront of her laptop, she just sits there, watching ,then burning discs, watching then burning discs, plus there are other reasons too, but I will watch 1-2 series once in a while.

AoBfrost said:
When you get caught into all the anime craze, you watch tons of series, my sister is an addict now, she watches 20-30 series per week, infront of her laptop, she just sits there, watching ,then burning discs, watching then burning discs, plus there are other reasons too, but I will watch 1-2 series once in a while.
How olds ur sister? same age as u? or bit younger? i dont want any personal detail offence of anythin.
Im 12 yrs old and i watch alot but not 20-30..... is her eye sight ok still? cos japanese programes do somin
to peoples eyes after a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
She's 21, pretty sad to see someone just sit there all day watching anime, go live life.

I should make a life sized haruhi pepakura model, without any texture, just a white model of her, it would be super easy.

AoBfrost said:
She's 21, pretty sad to see someone just sit there all day watching anime, go live life.

I should make a life sized haruhi pepakura model, without any texture, just a white model of her, it would be super easy.
Yeh it would be cool project. and nice new picture......... can you pm me that model of fruit basket?

i hate the american rip offs of "how to draw: manga" books :cautious:
its a disgrace to the hard werk japanese po hent- er i mean... anime books :whistle:

Yeh they say "How to draw manga." om em byt its turns out to a worthless load of rubish..... but only some are like that though.
cmon people keep postin em pictures of ask questions or sumin.

Sarge Christi said:
Someone stole some the manga tutorial from howtodrawmanga.com :p
Heh not me........................... (i did put where i got pics from on the tutorial.)

ok bout 150 peoples viseted with topic but only bout 6 of u atuwely sead somin................. CMON PEOPLE'S!

and i dont care if i double posted its my topic.

spartanmartin said:
ok bout 150 peoples viseted with topic but only bout 6 of u atuwely sead somin................. CMON PEOPLE'S!

and i dont care if i double posted its my topic.
Sure, you dont, one of the mods might *cough* Doom *cough*, no just kidding they might not where this is just in general talk not the actual armor forums. - Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back