marine armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

billydakid

Jr Member
I lost my other post, so im gonna be updating this one

100_0320.jpg

100_0323.jpg

if you havent noticed, the front visor isnt done, because im to lazy to cut the right peice of carboard ( i hate measuring ) and that black ear peace

17084326-Medium-1.jpg

can someone move this to the pepukura cardboard section?

bloodxbrothers said:
I lost my other post, so im gonna be updating this one

100_0320.jpg

100_0323.jpg

if you havent noticed, the front visor isnt done, because im to lazy to cut the right peice of carboard ( i hate measuring ) and that black ear peace

17084326-Medium-1.jpg

can someone move this to the pepukura cardboard section?

Wow, nice work. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
good job so far with the cardboard. I sort-of started my odst suit today using it, and it kinda started to fly, but soon crashed. The key is to layer, and not fold like pepakura.

i think im might go with the Landfall version of the ODST armor since it looks darn cooler,

i dont know if i should do the armor black as well as the helmet or, do have the armor OD green

i dont have much experience in this field of modeling but will you cover it with something like fiberglass or clay or something like that.

Anyway it looks awesome keep working man

i barely have any exp with fiberglass either, but ive been a cardboard artist for awhile and i use to use poster paper to cover it.

i bought resin and fiberglass the other week, and my helmet is ready to be resined, but im so lazy mannn and thinking about having to sand it turns me away too, plus armor that ive done. but i will do it

i resin the the whole helmet, except the ear peice, and used clothe on the top so far. no sanding yet

blahg it looks so messy now, i wished i didnt pick up that crappy paint and sprayed it

before- looks better
100_0325.jpg
100_0327.jpg
100_0328.jpg

resin and some fiberglass

100_0334.jpg

100_0333.jpg

sorry the ear peice wasnt glued on so i held a siscor up to it to hold it in place

100_0331.jpg

fiberglass texture,

airsoft test, 10 ft, 300 fps

100_0336.jpg

no visable damage

100_0337.jpg

tommorow i will fiberglass the whole thing and then use bondo body filler to cover up the visable cardboard, especially on the sides, you know when you cut carboard and it has that texture on the sides?

anyone know any good methods of coating resin? and is there any way of saving the paint brush?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back