Marines, Master Chief's crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
someone needs to make an aluminum assault rifle. If the star wars guys get aluminum weapons, why can't we? That'd be nice.

well i might be looking into getting some aluminum parts for my AR. im going to contect one of my waterjet people on that, i'll keep you guys posted

It would be really nice if someone had a comprehensive web site like that for the MC costume. It give you info on each seperate piece, which is really nice. I think I've been there before in my previous thoughts into a boba fett costume.

Hey hey Marines!
Master-Guns here, just noticed this topic while browsing the boards.

I'm currently in the process of making one of these bad boys myself. Started this project a little over a year ago with the hope of making 'the worlds first UNSC Marine' and injecting a little more interest in the Halo costuming community (like i said in my "introduce yourself!" thread, I didnt know this forum existed until today!).

Making all the armour out of aluminium metal (man, once again, great minds think alike) and currently have the chest piece + upper and lower leg plate's done. Shoulders and backpack are being worked on in the shed as we speak, and the rest of the armour is being designed now. I'm about 20% done with this, made very slow progress over the year due to me having to share the workshop with various other costume projects. But I'm hoping to have this costume done by April (maybe a little overzealous but we'll see).

Check out my photobucket account to see my progress:
http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a317/Dar...us/Sub%20Album/

Hope you guys like what you see :)

P.S I'll be documenting my progress here:
http://z12.invisionfree.com/HaloProps/index.php?showtopic=7

Master-Guns - Glad to have you with us! WOW that looks like some nice work you got there. I was thinking of using styrene plastic sheeting on top of craft foam and/or Volara for the armor parts myself. I have to scan and post some sketches I have been working on and show you all. I am still pulling resources together to even attempt to do this, but I have done my research.

So what are your plans to mount the armor? Any more progression on this project? Any problems you have run into that you want to share? We are here to help.

Finally got some plans posted. Everyone take a look and tell me what you think. Be critical as you want so all of us can move forward to success.
Clickhere for the sub folder of reference images and other sketches.

Thanks for the comments guys!

link4044 - Just working with what I can find in the shed. In fact until I started this project I'd never worked with metal before, so it's all a big learning process (hence my slow progress thus far).

fightstar - Glad to see another Marine in the making, checked out your sketches, good work! I'll be watching your progress with great interest!
I've pretty much figured out how I'm going to attach it all. Elastic, velcro and snaps should do the trick, haven't actually attached anything as of yet, I plan to make all the armour first (plus I'm still sourcing the soft-goods for underneath the armour).
Should have some more stuff to share with you all soon ;-)

Master-Guns - Thanks bro I'll keep you and everyone else posted on my progress.

Redsleighdown - Styrene sheeting and volara/craft foam. I learned about doing this here. I need to find some place in my town that sells styrene sheets bigger than 12"X24" or learn to piece some of these parts together and seal the seams with bondo or something. Its the chest and back pieces which are the biggest to deal with I think. I'll come up with something.

FAII3N ANG3I - Lets hope so. I would really like to learn how to make those "imprint blocks" things for faccu-forming and just mass produce this stuff. I am not there, yet.

I also need to figure out how to make a cloth vest pattern for the vest that these pieces of armor will attach to. That is another challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back