Mark V Helmet(s) Build WIP-(Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KainHarrison

Hey 405th, I decided to try making a Mark V Helmet. This is my first Halo piece ever! Sorry in advance for the picture quality, my camera is a really old refurbished Kodak. I am looking into getting a new one eventually...

The Pep stage was super ease, I used Rundown's file and I have to say it looks awesome!

Front.jpg

Front-Side.jpg

Top.jpg

I did mess up a little on the bottom of the chin but it was an easy fix. Also, I didn't scale this properly to myself so it is way huge on me. On the other hand my brother is bigger and taller than myself and it should fit him better that it does me; I'll be shipping it to him when I'm done.

On a side note, I've heard that a lot of people here use a hot-glue gun or super glue on the Pep stage, I've had terrible luck with both (fingers stuck together or burnt :p). Anyways, I have been using Elmer's Clear school glue and it has been amazing! If you place a thin layer along the tab and press it to where it needs to be glued, it bonds in a second. It is washable glue as well, which means easy finger clean up. I haven't had any problems in the later stages either, resin, bondo, ect.

So ya, I pretty much was just wondering if anybody else uses a similar glue or if I'm setting myself up for a huge failure down the road. Anyways, back to pics!

I was playing Reach the other day and noticed the MkV had a little indent along the top middle section so I tried to recreate it my way:
TopAlteration.jpg

Some front detailing with everyone's favorite EVA foam!:
FrontAlteration.jpg

And here it is after a layer of bondo and a little sanding:
PrimedRight.jpg

PrimedLeft.jpg

PrimedFrontSide.jpg

PrimedFront.jpg

Next I'm going to cut out the visor and do a TON more sanding, which brings me to a question I hope to get an answer to...

I have purchased a bubble visor for this and I was wondering, is there anyway to alter the inside of the visor and make it look like the HUD from the game is there?

I haven't really come across this anywhere and was hoping you guys could help.

I'll be posting more pics when I've had time to work on it, I'm also building a Daft Punk helmet for myself hehe:).

Wow great job! Excellant pepping and loving the indent

Thanks! I like it to.

Small Update:
Did a rough fit of the visor today, still got to round out the edges so the visor can sit more flush to them.

Also the visor is a really nice silver chrome, the poor lighting of the work space and my horrible camera flash don't do it any justice.
VisorRoughFit2.jpg

VisorRoughFit.jpg

I think I might get rid of the little triangle things on the sides of the visor, I'm not even sure if they were supposed to be left in.

nice man, the visor looks cool, is it a bubble visor?
the helmet looks pretty smooth, keep up the good work man =D

nice man, the visor looks cool, is it a bubble visor?
the helmet looks pretty smooth, keep up the good work man =D

Heh Ya, it's a bubble visor.

Ok, so I decided to make the Reach version of this helmet so I kinda rushed this one through, but I learned a lot and am excited to have my first piece ever completed!

Here are some pics of it painted and weathered:

PaintedFront.jpg

PaintedSide.jpg

PaintedBack.jpg

Here it is with some Blackwash:
BlackwashFront.jpg

BlackwashSide.jpg

BlackwashTop.jpg

And with the scratch detail:

ScratchedFront.jpg

ScratchedSide.jpg

ScratchedBack.jpg

ScratchedTop.jpg

VisorIn.jpg

I had great fun doing this build and can't wait to start my next one:p.

I'll end with a question, should I post my Reach Mk V in this thread as well or should I start a new one?

Wow! As a first build i gotta say this some pretty fantastic work. Its really your choice if you want to post your reach mark v in the same thread. You could simply change the title to "Mark V Helmet(s) build WIP"

Wow! As a first build i gotta say this some pretty fantastic work. Its really your choice if you want to post your reach mark v in the same thread. You could simply change the title to "Mark V Helmet(s) build WIP"

Ok thanks! I think I'll post the pics here then!

Noob question, how do you edit the thread title?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back