Mark Vi Hd Helmet (Work In Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mabolzichjjl

Jr Member
so i decided to tackle the most difficult part of the suit (in my opinion) first, the helmet.

as ive said before, ive been pepping for a while, i just got back into it, so im a bit rusty

i dont know why i did this, but i cut out all the pieces in advance

1123091738.jpg

starting at the top, work down.

1123091739.jpg

3 or 4 hours later, i have one side done...

1124090305.jpg

its 3 in the morning at that point, bed time!

*day two*

after work i get the other side put on

1125090305.jpg

once again, 3 in the morning, bed time

*day 3*

i put the final details on it, stiffen up the flimsey parts, and make sure everything is even, and she done

1125091637.jpg

1125091637a.jpg

1125091638.jpg

more to come, when i get my paycheck, im picking up some fiberglassing material to do my helmet and my cousin's xmas present

Low Def Halo 2 ODST helmet

1123090132.jpg

1123090130.jpg

its a little small cause he's a small kid n_n

ive got a few more parts in my closet to be worked on, its all a matter of scaling, now.

criticism and compliments are welcomed!

Looks really good, no warping, looks maybe a tad big. Great job, though! You actually did it the EXACT same way I did my helmet, excluding scaling (whoops)

its actually very comfy sitting on my head, even though its a squeeze getting it on.

i have to tuck my ears back to fit my head in there..

im workin on some HD some not.

ive made a HD thigh, but it was tooooo big which sucks, i spent 2 days on it.

HD chest/back fer sure, maybe ill tackle more of the HD thighs (hopefully the right size), regular biceps, forearms, and shins. <unless there's hd ones?

yes sir'ry there are hd models of all the mk6 pieces just hit up the halo wiki costuming , you might have to dig around for some other files though

thanks for the responses!

ill deff keep you guys posted.

how much of an insult would it be if i mixed and matched the MK6 with some ODST armor parts?

Nice work on the pep, looks very clean

and that wouldn't be an insult. that'd be a perfect compliment, Have you seen Das Brutus' stuff? its awesome

Looking good but the helmet in my opinion is not the hardest part if your going to use the HD pep files...

Great start though.

so as it turns out, this is prolly gunna be a "my armor update" thread instead of just a helmet thread...

ive got both ODST shins pepped and ready for resin as soon as i finish both helmets. or atleast get them well under way.

both helmets have been resined and are cureing, im feelin some fiberglass tomorrow.. i hope i dont get all itchy! :eek

ill be takin more pics while im at it

btw is the initial coat of resin supposed to saturate the paper? it did in some areas, but not all over. i get the feeling that the resin i use to fiberglass is going to saturate what isn't already.

i know that when you're fiberglassing the medium you use is supposed to be completely soaked to give the resin something to stick to but i wanted to take it easy on the initial coat so as not to warp the paper..

any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back