Mark VI WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryptonice

Jr Member
This is my first project of anything like this advice would be appreciated thank you. Also if anyone has a Gundam Helmet (looking for Sinaju's especially or a lightsaber preferably Obewan's, Luke's, or Darth Vader's I would love it if you would share it with me.

Earlier

Image33.jpg

Now

Image40.jpg

Image39.jpg

Image41.jpg

Thank you guys ive seen both of your work, and they look amazing I dont know that a could do an entire suit like you guys.
Edit: Also I know this is kind've thinking early but I was thinking about painting it a flat black, but also making it look like its been in a desert like this (actually i cant really find a pic like it but im sure you get the idea) Also when is a good time to completely cut out the visor

Now the helmet is fully glassed and my dad had the idea to fill the helmet with expanding foam, so that i could carve it out and fit my head snuggly in it with a little padding, and hey maybe it will add some strength. I hope to have pictures up soon. Thanks for viewing.

if you are filling it with expanding foam this will provide the perfect medium to carve out some fan slots. it would also facilitate the creation of some internal PA system to allow you to be heard clearly from inside the helmet. just a few ideas you might be interested include some recessed lighting on the helmet, PA, Helm fans. these three would be an amazingly easy task with expanding foam.

I hadn't thought of that before, but I'll probably just be doing lights on this one, since it's not going to be a complete costume.

man, that's a nice helmet. Im doing a Vb for halloween. My dad had the same idea with the expanding foam. lookin good though.

well i haven't worked on this in quite awhile now but i did get this done a little bit ago, quite a bit of bondoing has been done and sandable primer was sprayed on to locate low spots

Image79.jpg

Image82.jpg

Image83.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back