Mass Effect Costuming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ares

I got Mass Effect.
My favorite sci-fi RPG so far. Sooooo good.
I want to make something from that game...any suggestions?

My ideas:
Mini Geth Trooper
Assault Rifle (not sure on model)

you seem to have a lot of projects going on that we dont c any progress on..
it might be a good idea to finish one before starting a new project

I do. This is just an idea.
Current projects:
Pepakura Helmet

:p

Current to be started projects:
MA5C
Airsoft (not related to here)

Sorry for my DOUBLE POST.

I need to see this-
Is anyone else interested in seriously doing some ME costuming/prop making? I see uses for a helmet (the basic human one, the one Shepard wears when you toggle helmet).
I would also like to possibly make an Assault Rifle.

Ares said:

I need to see this-
Is anyone else interested in seriously doing some ME costuming/prop making? I see uses for a helmet (the basic human one, the one Shepard wears when you toggle helmet).

I'm tremendously interested - but it isn't something I intend to take on until I've got more time on my hands, and finished up the other projects on my plate. The flexible, form-fitting nature of the armors in that game make me think it'd involve more sewing than I'm generally comfortable with.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree-I thought that perhaps if we could use a jumpsuit as a base and work from there, but the armor in the game is very clean...and jumpsuits tend to be baggy.
I'm still not sure on what Assault Rifle. However the helmet looks to be a normal costuming job. Also I'm interested in making minatures of the game characters (12 inches, "G.I. Joe" size)
But the weapons will be fun.

I made a simple little pistol thats easily by Pep but designed to be layered with cardboard to be made more complicated.

med_gallery_4189_246_655.png

I can upload the Pep file if you are interested.

P.S. I made the pistol with only 2 reference pics so there is quite a bit of guesses work involved with it and if you can find me more pictures i would gladly redo it.

ares do you have pics of this armor, i would like to c what your trying to get at.
i havent played the game
but am hoping to get it for xmas

Here's some good hot-linked images of Mass Effect armor. I don't usually like to hot-link but these images are big and good.
MassEffect_Oct_2005_(1)001.jpg

mass_effect.jpg

mass_effect.jpg

Mass_Effect_71525.jpg

I haven't got the game yet but i am planing on it for Christmas. But i heard that you can customize it however you like. So it would be hard to do all of them or just one.

One of the FINEST games based on sci-fi galactic power struggles between good and evil I have ever played and seen.
Glad someone beside my like the armor on the game and is trying to make the armor .

P.S. I'm trying to do the same but ground up but is on hold until i get the human AR built and my leg heals fully so that I can make the boots up

Ares said:

I need to see this-

I thought about it, but I'm not that good at designing, so I thought I'd just wait. It's not a really something I really want. Just something I'd build. But maybe you can convince someone to make one for you. I know that if you get someone to do the pdf. (or if you know how)
then Garland will probably unfold it for you if he wants to build it.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm tremedously interested in the Geth costuming. It's unfortunate that I don't have the time to actually build a working model for it yet. Maybe over the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back