Mass Effect - Paragon Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArktosPendragon

So a buddy of mine is having his birtday real soon and he just invited me last Friday. In my circle of friends, I'm known for giving pretty cool handmade gifts, but I have a three part policy for those who wish to receive an "awesome" gift :p.

1. You must have a party
2. I must be in attendance at said party.
3. I must be given at least a weeks notice before the aforementioned party (preferably more time)

His birthday just happens to be Sunday so he barely made the deadline with two days to spare (to my slight annoyment, haha). Having only an inkling of where to start I brainstormed over the weekend. Then I remembered that he is a HUGE Mass Effect fan and his characters are always paragon. So, this idea was born.

Paragon.png

This is the Paragon logo for those who don't know.

IMG_0132.jpg

I started by sketching out and assembling a mockup with cardboard.

IMG_0129.jpg

Next I did a preliminary cut and sand with some thin wood. Already looking pretty nice IMHO.

I did all the wood work on Tues. and I won't have shop class again till tommorow, so expect updates then.

What does everybody think?

It's great except that the two pieces in the center aren't lined up and the one on the right looks like it needs more arc on the upper curve.

It's great except that the two pieces in the center aren't lined up and the one on the right looks like it needs more arc on the upper curve.

As he said.

Don't get me wrong, however...it's awesome by several orders of magnitude. Also, I take that "preliminary cut" means "first try" ;-) And for a first try, it looks good enough to overlook that slight detail! Keep up the good work!

(P.S. Wanna be my friend, lol?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back