Master Cheif Disguise Helmet Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstPick

Member DIN
S509
I don't know if you guys have seen these yet, but they're popping up online and at Halloween stores.

I grabbed this one from Hot Topic for $35.
uploadfromtaptalk1443134353975.jpg
It's a full helmet. A FULL HELMET for $35.
uploadfromtaptalk1443134439844.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1443134454663.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1443134475255.jpg

It's big enough for everybody. I have a large head and there's plenty of room. There's a single foam layer already on the inside that could be removed easily if you needed to pad it better or needed extra room.
My only complaint regarding size is your chin/jaw shows too much.
uploadfromtaptalk1443134592477.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1443134622166.jpg

The helmet is casted using a flexible plastic. It's very hard and sturdy but has some flex and give to keep it safe from bumps.

There's very little detail in the paint job as it's casted using GREEN plastic. They added some silver wear, but it's done quickly and cheaply. I'll do my own after.

The extra details are all there. This thing is perfect. I could complain that the top is a little flat and the helmet should be more vertical, but that's nitpicking.

The visor is A+. I only wish it had the hexagonal pattern. It is very clear to see. It's vacuformed and has a chrome/gold finish. This is exactly like the $70 ones sold on ETSY.

Overall, you cannot beat the price and quality. Take this as a starter kit and add your own lights and personal paint details and you'll have yourself an unbeatable helmet for the price.
uploadfromtaptalk1443134923349.jpg

OH I would NOT do that ........ Of all body parts the head is kinda important. .
Look . If you were to paintball with the DOT rated one I might not worry as much , but that is Really thin plastic ,,
Please don't do it .
Ive seen HALO MC airsoft rated ones for 100-170 USD...
http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=37444

Sorry Firstpick. I dont mean to De-rail the thread.

Per the 35 USD thing
I might have to get one * just cause * ..
One can never have to many helmets ! can they?
Heck the visor alone might be worth to pluck out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also grabbed one of these helmets. I really like it, especially for $30, you can't beat that price! I plan to repaint mine and use it if I ever do a H4/H5 build. My only nitpicky complaint is that it seems kind of.. lopsided? But with the rubberish material its made out of, you can easily adjust it to get it straight.

I had the issue of my nose rubbing against the inside, but thats easily fixed with some padding (and pressing the sides to elongate the helmet a bit). This also fits my BFs giant head, which is also a plus!

The vision for me is not the best. As a wearer of glasses its a bit tricky to get it on with glasses on.. but if you put it on at the right angle, its easily doable.

This is an absolute great base for a helmet, I'll give them that! If you order it from Amazon (at least for me) it was delivered faster than what they told me.

Depending on your head size, there is room for some electronics as well. With how close your nose is to the visor, it really needs fans!

gMv4o6p.jpg RWWOsRt.jpg

(and some pics from my end)

Interesting find. I can see how something like that would remove the hassle of making a GEN2 Mk VI helmet, but as you said it'll still need a lot of touching up afterwards.

I am so using one of these for airsoft.
As an experienced airsofter, that is a very bad idea. I know from testing assorted items that things like this basically disintergrate when shot at with a 0.2g BB at 300 fps.

I didn't want to order mine online because I figured the helmet could deform if laid/packaged incorrectly for a long time. So I went to pick the best one out from the store.

Interesting find. I can see how something like that would remove the hassle of making a GEN2 Mk VI helmet, but as you said it'll still need a lot of touching up afterwards.

As an experienced airsofter, that is a very bad idea. I know from testing assorted items that things like this basically disintergrate when shot at with a 0.2g BB at 300 fps.

Yeah, true. Maybe I could reinforce it or something. I'd definite have to strip the visor out as it wouldn't last very long. Oh well.

visited the local hot topic here in Eugene. And tried on the helmet. It is absolutely amazing how good it is for the price.. And the vision looking out is stellar.....

For those of you who have bought the helmet, or seen it up close, what extra details do you think need to be added to the helmet? Other than lights and extra padding, of course.

Howre you guys planning to fix the slight warping/lopsided-ness? With a blow dryer or just bondo?

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

It seems too flimsy to use bondo... or at least that's what i gather from the people who have described it. Bondo is very hard and brittle and if this helmet flexes in the least bit, the bondo will crack and crumble. Burt said you can adjust it, so it doesn't seem like a permanent issue.

Well, that's my 2 cents. I'm considering getting one too, but my head is massive. Like much, much bigger than average.

Neat, I was waiting for someone to review one of these. Definitely something you could just reinforce with fiberglass or strategically placed chunks of styrene and have a really great helmet.

The entire visor is translucent, right? Not like the old Rubies Halo 3 Chief helmet?

Neat, I was waiting for someone to review one of these. Definitely something you could just reinforce with fiberglass or strategically placed chunks of styrene and have a really great helmet.

The entire visor is translucent, right? Not like the old Rubies Halo 3 Chief helmet?
You might want to check out this review. It shows difference between the rubies helmet and the disguise helmet. The newer one is definitely a better buy.
https://youtu.be/idMXEfQ78r0

I bought mine yesterday from hot topic. It's built well for the price you pay ($34.50). There are quality differences between each helmet. You definitely have to look at each one to find the best out of the bunch.

If your trying to buy one in California from Hot topic, I recommend that you call before you go to the store, because only 4 out of 10 stores had them, and only 2 to 3 helmets per store. Hottopic.com is sold out too.

I went to a shop named "Halloween" and they had the same helmets but for $11 more.

Got mine yesterday in the mail. Let's say it need a little work. Any recommendations on removing the visor?

26DA1C4F-B2FA-4856-B37F-770CD6A067A1.jpg

Attachments

• 26DA1C4F-B2FA-4856-B37F-770CD6A067A1.jpg
    26DA1C4F-B2FA-4856-B37F-770CD6A067A1.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 287
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back