Master Chief [WIP] by Bullseye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm, i dont think that will work unless thats what its made for. You have to put the hardener in the resin and that will clog your sprayer when it starts to dry. It will probably even ruin it. Not to mention resin is far thicker then paint, so i dont think this will work unless it made for this.

That's what i was thinking so i will make it just a little runnier than normal but still thicker than paint. Also i plan to spray this all in one go, do a few coats of course, line up the pieces start on one end when i get done start at the beginning leaving very little time to let the resin harden. Also the paint gun is a craftsman so it has a life time warranty if literally anything happens like resin hardening in the gun.

So i pulled an all nighter and got the left shin/knee done. It was so much harder with all the extra tabs put in there that weren't needed and trying to decide what ones to cut off and what not to cut off lol.

By the end of the day i should have the COD piece done and start working on the helmet Saturday and Sunday.

1001100659.jpg

ohh, thats looking rally good. here is a hint, put the visor on the pep, so that it dosent warp or bend when you resin it

ohh, thats looking rally good. here is a hint, put the visor on the pep, so that it dosent warp or bend when you resin it

yeah i was planning to add the support pieces were the visor goes before I resin it. I just left them out for the pictures. I still need to go down and buy my visor (preferably gold :) )

Lookin good. Keep up the good work!

Thanks, I should have my resin in Today and I'm going to start fiber glassing the inside of the pieces tonight. I plan to have all the parts inside and out resined by Saturday.

Looks great, keep up the good work, your doing an awesome job...

ps. nice legendary T-shirt, nice Halo Wars T-shirt, and nice Halo 3 poster :D

Lolzz, I beat you first, I've got two of em, this one and this one :D

Dude I want the second one lol.

Update on the suit: Went and bought a ton of supplies for resining and so far have the ouside of both biceps, the inside of both hand plates, And the outside of both shin pieces. Due to the fact that where I live and the weather here can change from 90 to 40 in about 10 minutes I had to make a heat box out of a table, a tarp and a space heater to get the desired 75 Degrees for the resin to harden in under a week. There are a few pics below.

1009101713.jpg

downsize.jpg

1009101744.jpg

There are a few pics below.

Uhm, just a word on safety: You're wearing a dust mask. That won't protect you from resin fumes (Did you notice the smell? That means it wasn't working!). Also, resin is flammable and has a flash point of just over 30 °C, so be careful when you work around that heater.

Uhm, just a word on safety: You're wearing a dust mask. That won't protect you from resin fumes (Did you notice the smell? That means it wasn't working!). Also, resin is flammable and has a flash point of just over 30 °C, so be careful when you work around that heater.

The mask said it was rated for fiberglassing and resin, And there was no smell from the resin and I was outside. As for the space heater I have it set to go to about 75 Degrees being on a constant watch, Seeing as it was 85 yesterday in the shade when i tried to resin today it was 75 in the sun, damn weather here is never consistent. But thanks for the concern.

The mask said it was rated for fiberglassing and resin

You know I care :)

But that mask is not rated for use with resin. If anybody told you that, they were simply wrong. The manual (in case you disposed of the one that came with the mask) is available on 3M's website and clearly says: "Do not use for: Gases and vapors".

You know I care :)

But that mask is not rated for use with resin. If anybody told you that, they were simply wrong. The manual (in case you disposed of the one that came with the mask) is available on 3M's website and clearly says: "Do not use for: Gases and vapors".

Alright thanks, I guess the package it came it was wrong, I will go get a real one tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back