Master Replicas 1:1 Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFG

Jr Member
I didn't see this posted anywhere, so I thought I'd share one of my latest purchases. It has not arrived yet, but it is a prototype 1:1 Master Chief helmet from Master Replicas. It was made in 2006 as part of a product plan while trying to obtain a Halo license from Microsoft, but never made it into production.

$(KGrHqF,!l0E1Fvv!!o8BNWyHwjN(g~~_12.JPG

Ah yes! Ben Streeper posted this on facebook and I had to go and look at it! I cannot wait to see more pics of it! Thanks for posting it again!

Jacob

Thanks for the comments. I have no intentions of doing anything with the helmet other than keeping it in my collection. Just thought the folks here would appreciate it, so I figured I'd post it here for anyone that missed it on eBay. I'll take more pictures of it once it arrives.

Was always wondering what had happened to this. Very nice. Wouldn't mind a casting of this. Definatly would have to re-work the vents though, otherwise, very nice and very sharp. Hopefully EFX could pick up the line

It arrived on Saturday. Much heavier than I expected it to be, and overall much better quality as well. Here's a pic I took of it next to a McF figure for size comparison:

5484735712_c9fe40e8ef_z.jpg

It arrived on Saturday. Much heavier than I expected it to be, and overall much better quality as well. Here's a pic I took of it next to a McF figure for size comparison:

5484735712_c9fe40e8ef_z.jpg

Yea, great shot. Definatly the prototype, needs alot more details added. Ashame they dropped the line and went out of business. Would have really like to be able to see the final product

Thanks for the comments. Not sure what material it was made from, but I believe it is resin. I need to contact the seller again anyway, so I'll ask him when I do.

wow if i knew this helmet was that important i would have bought it.

You would have tried to buy it... :p

And of course it is important - it is one of the few, if not only, officially made 1:1 replica helmets ever made.

EDIT: Seller confirmed that the helmet is resin. It was originally printed out as an SLA, and then it was molded and cast in resin. The original SLA was destroyed.

Seller confirmed that the helmet is resin. It was originally printed out as an SLA, and then it was molded and cast in resin. The original SLA was destroyed.

Its a shame that the SLA was destroyed. I am interested in how the inside of this helmet is as well.

Jacob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back