Matronoke's Halo Reach Armor/Security Build- [PIC HEAVY] - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright a little delayed but here are the results!!

DSC01144.jpg

For a first attempt I think its acceptable. There is a some warp but a heat gun can fix that... I hope.

Here is a comparison of how the view inside the visor is...

Normal:
DSC01151.jpg

Visor:
DSC01150.jpg

I want everyone's opinion on this.

Knowing how the thick PETG turned out, should I keep this visor and try to fix it, or should I redo the visor with a thinner piece of lexan polycarbonate?

i think it is plenty good for a first cast. i would recomend using a thinner sheet next time as it will be easier to stretch and it will conform to the details better. also i think that that one is great that is if you are happy with it.

hey man, im new on here but i just checked out your build, looks really good!! i'm inspired to start mine now!!!!keep it up

I say it looks more than acceptable! Great first attempt! However, if you do make another, i'd cut the visor out with some of the excess on the ends that go into the helmet, and use your heat gun to bend the excess into the helmet. That way you can use that to secure the visor in. Anyways, can't wait to see it painted!

thanks everyone for all the feedback :). I plan to do another visor once I can get the plastic.

But tonight I had a change of heart when it comes to helmets. I've always been on the fence between the security and Mk V [A]. The Mark V has always been my favorite since halo 3 but there was never a gud model of it so thats y i went with security. I will end up having some free time for the next few days when I won't be able to get electronics until the late afternoon so I will have time to make another helmet.

I found a decent model that is the smooth model of the Mk V and plan on completing one in the next few days. This will become my primary helmet and the security my secondary. One good thing with the Mk V is that I can get a golden motorcycle visor and It should be perfect for the suit.

Thanks again for everyone's support and I will be back with updates of the new helmet.

Wish me luck!!!

thanks everyone for all the feedback :). I plan to do another visor once I can get the plastic.

But tonight I had a change of heart when it comes to helmets. I've always been on the fence between the security and Mk V [A]. The Mark V has always been my favorite since halo 3 but there was never a gud model of it so thats y i went with security. I will end up having some free time for the next few days when I won't be able to get electronics until the late afternoon so I will have time to make another helmet.

I found a decent model that is the smooth model of the Mk V and plan on completing one in the next few days. This will become my primary helmet and the security my secondary. One good thing with the Mk V is that I can get a golden motorcycle visor and It should be perfect for the suit.

Thanks again for everyone's support and I will be back with updates of the new helmet.

Wish me luck!!!

awww, sad day! I'm alone in the world again! I can't wait to see the new bucket though! at least the rest of your suit is already done lol

Finished pep of Mk V

DSC01154.jpg

i will resin it and rondo tomorrow. Maybe bondo a little if time.

Also, i need a cheap but durable, gold mirrored visor for this new helmet. Can anyone help me out?

Check out ebay, they got tons of visors there, I personally go to the cycle center in denton, don't know how far mansfield is from there

I worked really fast today...maybe it was inspiration or something idk lol.

My helmet is ready for paint!

Here it is with the primer on.

DSC01160.jpg

Paint should be finished by tonight.

Wish me luck!

cool mk. iv. I wanted to build one after my cqc costume was done just in case they were having a midnight launch of the halo anniversery, but we shall see how much I can get done. As far as a visor goes, If you buy one of the HJC ones off of ebay you must know that the cheapest ones are being sold out of Korea. So it will end up taking 2-3 weeks to ship . I bought my visor off of a U.S. site and it took about 4 days to arrive to my house at the cost of about five extra bucks.

cool mk. iv. I wanted to build one after my cqc costume was done just in case they were having a midnight launch of the halo anniversery, but we shall see how much I can get done. As far as a visor goes, If you buy one of the HJC ones off of ebay you must know that the cheapest ones are being sold out of Korea. So it will end up taking 2-3 weeks to ship . I bought my visor off of a U.S. site and it took about 4 days to arrive to my house at the cost of about five extra bucks.

Ya U.S. stores are worth the extra money sometimes. What specific visor would you recommend that would fit the helmet? It needs to be mirrored gold though.

Ya U.S. stores are worth the extra money sometimes. What specific visor would you recommend that would fit the helmet? It needs to be mirrored gold though.

I bought the HJC-H-11 and it was way too big for my helmet . I ended up cutting it to 2/3 it's size. (which is not terrible because now I have leftover visor for a scout or Hayabusa helmet) but I digress. I cannot say for certain which size is the best since I've only ever bought one visor but the HJC HJ-07 and HJ-05 seem to be the best fitting ones ( just from comparing pictures on ebay.)

Woot! Helmet is finished. Probably one of my fastest build times ever lol

All I need is the visor and then I'll be able to worry about electronics.

DSC01163.jpg

DSC01164.jpg

DSC01167.jpg

DSC01169.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back