Matronoke's Halo Reach Armor/Security Build- [PIC HEAVY] - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Srry for double post... but you could say this is part 2 of this update.

I finally finished those pesky grenades.
DSC01117.jpg

and here are the 2 that go on the chest
DSC01124.jpg

Up next: thighs

Feel free to give cc :)

Damn! that's some nice work you did on those grenades! I wish I have the same ones :D

The grenades turned out looking great. As for the rest I'll hold my opinion till it's all together, Why do you ask? I need to see how the color's come together as whole. I will ask you this tho. Are you going to hit it with clear coat, if so Flat? or are you sticking with the high gloss? Well Great work so far I can't wait to see how this comes out.

thanks for the mini tut! cant wait to try it! hope it works well.....
No problem. Glad I could help :)

Curious to see how the visor is going to come out. You mentioned a vac-form build? If so, is it custom or are you going off plans? 'cuz I'd love to build one of my own. Sweet build and keep up the awesome work!
My plan is to build one that is 12x18. That should be enough plastic to stretch around the whole visor.

Damn! that's some nice work you did on those grenades! I wish I have the same ones :D
Thanks! My goal is to make an official tut for everyone once i get more supplies.

The grenades turned out looking great. As for the rest I'll hold my opinion till it's all together, Why do you ask? I need to see how the color's come together as whole. I will ask you this tho. Are you going to hit it with clear coat, if so Flatt? or are you sticking with the high gloss? Well Great work so far I can't wait to see how this comes out.
I kind of like the gloss. I added a pearl paint to each color so it gives it a metal shine. As for the clear coat, I will either do pearl or semi-gloss if pearl is too shiny.

Man I can't wait to see the visor in the helmet . Also I was wondering how well just putting bondo in the suit works as apposed to the fiberglass and resin . It would probably end up costing the same I just wanted to know if it was cracking at all or if it holds really strong . Mostly curious because of the messiness of the fiberglass and the smell the resin leaves.

Sounds good. I had to ask because the lights playing some tricks on you're parts a little. You might want to add a little Black wash to the dents,scratches, etc. before clear coat just to age them a little more and give them more depth.

Finally!!!!! Everything is painted and ready for the extra features.

Here are the painted shins and boots.

DSC01141.jpg

DSC01138.jpg

Now my next challenge is to vac-form that visor and get it tinted the right way. Then I need to add lights/fans, foam padding, straps, and the under-suit.

Sounds good. I had to ask because the lights playing some tricks on you're parts a little. You might want to add a little Black wash to the dents,scratches, etc. before clear coat just to age them a little more and give them more depth.
I was thinking of doing that in some areas but a lot of things don't really need it in my opinion because i already added a darker shade of color in the crevices.

Man I can't wait to see the visor in the helmet . Also I was wondering how well just putting bondo in the suit works as apposed to the fiberglass and resin . It would probably end up costing the same I just wanted to know if it was cracking at all or if it holds really strong . Mostly curious because of the messiness of the fiberglass and the smell the resin leaves.
Rondo works really well and is cheaper than fiberglass. I do think fiberglass is stronger because rondo can crack and tear if you sit on it or add too much force to one area. If you are just planning to wear it casually, then rondo. The only things I would fiberglass are the waist and chest.

Got the vac-former built. instead of peg board i just drilled holes into a piece of scrap plywood to save some money. I believe it will have the same effect.

DSC01143.jpg

I will hopefully get the visor formed tomorrow morning so stay tuned!

looking good! i would recomend more holes in the vac former. and take the protective coating off the plexi. that will help with heating it.

ya im keeping the protective part on until tomorrow so no scratches.

also i agree with u about the holes. I thought about it but it was too late to do anymore drilling without waking the neighbors lol

lol. i also made a vacuformer. if you check the past post on my thread seen in my sig you will see it. i think its a bit large but thats to be expected. it has to fit the largest parts if its going to work.

Dude! I've been fretting over how to make a vacuformer. That's flippin sweet! Definitely building one of those soon. Sweet job! Hope it works. Can't wait to see the result!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back