Mcfarlane Action Figures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I went to Gamestop and got the Mcfarlane Halo 3 Series 2 ODST Spartan. I love it, and I thought about a Pro and Con graph about the figures for anyone buying them:

Pros:
The Armor and Details are built nearly Perfect.
The Poses that can be done are amazing.
The Multiplayer Armor can be Mixed and Changed.
The weapons are look very good.

Cons:
When the Figure is Taken out, the moving parts are very stiff.
The weapons sometimes have these grips, when taken out, sometimes leave a hole until put in.
Some weapons grips are hard to put in the Hands.

Other then the cons, They are SSSWWWEEETTT!!! :D

id like some pixs too. and a sonic blast plz :3
no rely beforee you post the pics go get a sonic blast, take a pic then post it XD

Fenix Chief said:
The weapons sometimes have these grips, when taken out, sometimes leave a hole until put in.
What?

Also, the ability to swap armor on the multiplayer figures fails, mainly because only like, 3 figures have the same color armor.

I do not want a rainbow Spartan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I bought alot of the series 1 guys before they sold out in March, Still have a mint condition Blue CQB walmart exclusive..

Waiting for my walmart and Gamestop to get them in..gonna trade in GTA 4 at Gamestop for some of them.

I went down to the States around May 1st and bought some figures. I got 2 Chief, a Jackal, and a Brute Chieftan. I'll upload pics when I find my second Chief (I can only find 1 right now).

Unfortunately, I missed out entirely on the Series One figures *sigh*, but have already managed to get both the MC with SPARTAN Laser and the white EVA SPARTAN with Covenant Beam Rifle. And both I got just in the last couple days, lol. Man, are they sweet! I just have to get the rest of Series Two now, heh heh :D

EDIT: Personally, I don't have any Con's to list, nor do I think there really are any. These are some of the best-done figures I've ever seen, imho (the whole "rainbow-coloured" Multiplayer SPARTAN thing aside, lol).

I had my own personal con with the figure.
instabreak.jpg

Out of the package with a detached hand, epic loss.

However, the detail is very amazing, compared to the other series of Halo figures, they may be small, but very well detailed.
Uh, pros I've got are;
-very well detailed, better than any of the other halo figures in the past.
-the unique joints allow for a multitude of unique poses when sitting on the shelf.
-all weapons are just as detailed as the figure itself.
-armor permutations are a great addition.
-they're very stable, don't easily lose balance.
-rainbow spartan, ftw.

cons;
-the poseability is a little less than the halo 2 figures, but only in certain degrees.
-stiff joints and some arent easy to loosen up.
-the pegs to attach weapons aren't very stable.
-grenades tend to fall off if not pressured in.
-Spartan laser seems to have issues being posed properly.

Overall, its definitely worth the purchase if its something youll end up displaying on a shelf, or wittingly next to your computer. I'm not too sure how it would end up doing if played with a lot, somehow I imagine the joints becoming loose, making it harder to hold a pose.

Aswell, it also appears McFarlane has deemed the inner thigh to be armor, and not under armor, same goes with with the armor in the armpit of the bicep. Mainly due to the fact that the colour is different from the actual under armor peices. lol.

Has anyone else noticed that there are two slightly different shades of green for the MC figures? I took note of that when I was in to pick up the white EVA earlier today; some of the MC with Splaser figures had more of a bright green colouring to them, whereas some had the UNSC olive green. Just thought that was an interesting (or amusing) sidenote of sorts :p lol

picked up series 2 chief and odst spartan perm.

the guys at gamestop let me see their stock of other figures too.

Some notes.
EVA looks soo much better, the helmet is bigger and the paint job is cleaner and more crisp.

The drone is huge, it comes with a cool stand thing.

The scout looks good but make sure you get a good painted version because
the beak portion can get messy. It comes with a lamesauce small version
of the BR. Probably a mistake because I compared sizes with my
odst figure.

Skippster86 said:
mcandodstfigs001.jpg

heres a pic of my mint odst!

soon to be opened...

Is the battle rifle the same size for the spartan and ODST figures? I picked up an ODST today (whose hand broke right out of the package) and the BR is REALLY small compared to my chief figure.

Scout meaning the ODST I'm guessing? Not the Spartan figure? That sucks....I can't even get mine to hold the rifle in two hands without stretching the hand at a weird angle. Someone should cast their big battle rifle and mail it to me...

The Kraken said:
Scout meaning the ODST I'm guessing? Not the Spartan figure? That sucks....I can't even get mine to hold the rifle in two hands without stretching the hand at a weird angle. Someone should cast their big battle rifle and mail it to me...
Scout meaning the figure with Scout Spartan armor.

Waiting for the Rogue figure so I can complete my avatar figure.

I can't wait to get steel CQB and ODST figures. Then I'm going to repaint them to look like my Xbox Live character. I'll have my own action figure of me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back