McFarlane's Halo - Linda Custom Figure (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reclaimara

Sr Member
Member DIN
S713
Well, some people are collecting figures here... and as we all know, McFarlane lost the license which went to Mattel - company that produces toys and barbie figures... And they are just releasing their first wave of figures which I'm very disappointed with, because well, they look like toys and they aren't even in scale with McF's Spartans.

Also, McFarlane delivered a low blow, because they KNEW for a longer time that they lost the license and yet, they decided to do 6 main characters from Halo 5, MISSING OTHER 2.
It is beyond any logic, why make 6 characters and leave out 2. What for? Make two Fireteams INCOMPLETE? Dafuq.

Anyway, first I was thinking I could use Mattel's helmets to cheat and swap them on McF, but Mattel are bigger and wouldn't fit //bobbleheads//

So, well... As I don't plan on collecting on Mattel, I wanted to complete both teams - Blue Team and in the future Fireteam Osiris.

Anyway, about 1-2 years ago I did few customs (NECA's Aliens and Predators) but I didn't touch anything since then. I used Milliput, something like Green Stuff.

First - Linda.

I used Kelly's base, because it's feminine and fitting for Linda as well. I also used Fred's chest armor and legs and swapped knees and toes for Kelly's.
For helmet I used the Warrior helmet I strongly dislike, so I won't miss it and it looked like a perfect base for the Linda's helmet.
This is how it looked like before I started sculpting.

DSC01140.JPG

I felt like I needed a break from armor making and now during weekend I sculpted.
Well, I think the sculpting part is complete now an Linda is only awaiting repainting.
It isn't 100% accurate, but it's close enough IMO. (to make something 100% accurate you'd have to sculpt from scratch and not customize and IMO it's the best I personally could do with the bases)

DSC01143.JPG

DSC01145.JPG

DSC01146.JPG

DSC01147.JPG

She's coming along beautifully! Do you have pics of other customs that you've done? I absolutely love their art and I'm a bit of a collector myself although I try to keep my purchasing down as much as I can.

I'm also really excited about the Mattel figures. Although I think they could all afford a higher quality paint I think their proportions are great for the most part and the posing that I've seen has been pretty great.

Ha! You beat me to it. I just bought another Kelly to prep for this, but I'm finishing a custom Cyclops (X-Men) before I start on Linda.
I didn't think to use Fred's chest. Good call on that.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

She's coming along beautifully! Do you have pics of other customs that you've done? I absolutely love their art and I'm a bit of a collector myself although I try to keep my purchasing down as much as I can.

I'm also really excited about the Mattel figures. Although I think they could all afford a higher quality paint I think their proportions are great for the most part and the posing that I've seen has been pretty great.

I'll look if I have any other pictures of my past customs. I should still have at least few of them, but I have only one custom figures standing on my shelf - Halo Spartan repainted to Mass Effect's Shepard's N7 armor.

Hah, thank you. Well, I'm not excited for the Mattel toys at all. I didn't thiink I'll be the one to witness end of Halo McFarlane figures... :/

And as for paint apps - I don't care much about paint jobs on figures. I care about the proportions, the sculpt and details. Sadly, this is where Mattel lacks, so here is my problem. :/

Ha! You beat me to it. I just bought another Kelly to prep for this, but I'm finishing a custom Cyclops (X-Men) before I start on Linda.
I didn't think to use Fred's chest. Good call on that.

Haha, beat you! :D Nah, joking.
I thought Fred's chest is more fitting as it's bigger and bulkier, more like Linda's.

If only I could do that. I'd make my red mk 5 into caboose if I could.

You can do it, nothing is impossible. ;)

Looking pretty great! Will go great to finish Blue Team.

I think I saw a picture you posted of those Halo 3 mini helmets. Are those 1/6 scale? Can they be used for customs?

Me? No, definitely not me.
I never bought any of these Halo 3 helmets... o.o
Yeah, but these helmets are 1/6 scale... If you have a 1/6 figure. o.o

But, yesterday I bought a Halo Reach CQB helmet! \o/ Together with Mark IV body... It'll be another nice project and tribute. *hint hint*

Looks really good! can't wait to see it painted.

But, yesterday I bought a Halo Reach CQB helmet! \o/ Together with Mark IV body... It'll be another nice project and tribute. *hint hint*

Sam? he's probably my favorite character from Fall of Reach, that'll be cool.

Looks really good! can't wait to see it painted.

Sam? he's probably my favorite character from Fall of Reach, that'll be cool.

Yes!
Samuel-034.
I think he deserves a tribute.
His sacrifice was most meaningful... And yet, I wish SO damn much he would have had a chance to survive... :(

And, also I found him to be a great character in the Fall Of Reach animated series.

Terrific! I was pretty bummed out when the news came that McFarlane no longer did the figures. I'd love to do this one day! Just don't have the skills :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back