Meatwad's Grenadier Build (WIP and Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks man. I can't imagine trying to detail a helmet all at once. I didn't even get as much detail on the helmet as i would have liked due to my time frame and lack of experience. Progress the last couple weeks has been non existent. My wife recently got a night/weekend job and trying to watch 3 kids in the garage full of tools is not possible. I do hope though to start back up soon. I'll post as soon as I've made progress.

No worries dude, rule #1...family first. Take your time and enjoy hanging out with your kids. This site will be here for a long time.

... trying to watch 3 kids in the garage full of tools is not possible. I do hope though to start back up soon. I'll post as soon as I've made progress.

Know the feeling oh too well mate. Love my family, but still want to live life and be me. Part of being me is being creative and active. Sometimes a family can stifle the self. That's why most of my work happens between 10pm and 1am. :(

Man.. Meat, this thing is looking awesome bud. For 'lack of experience' I would say you're doing pretty dang awesome. Great work!
Did you use a rattle can, or spray it with a gun?

Looking forward to seeing how that chest turns out!

Man.. Meat, this thing is looking awesome bud. For 'lack of experience' I would say you're doing pretty dang awesome. Great work!
Did you use a rattle can, or spray it with a gun?

Looking forward to seeing how that chest turns out!

Thanks man! The project has been on kind of a hiatus. I've been too wrapped up in Black Ops 3. I have been thinking about starting back up though. I used a spray can. The color is Rustoleum oil rubbed bronze and an automotive paint for the orange.

I'm not saying you should do it but a while back I finished pepping my grenadier helm and, because I'm a gadgets freak, found that theres plenty of space to fit a nice under $100 HUD. The only other thing I might need is multi focus contact lenses so that you can see the HUD and the surroundings without refocusing.
It's just an idea unless you want to stuff it with other stuff or have a tight budget (like I do) I'm not trying to force you or anything of the sort.
Kal

I'm not saying you should do it but a while back I finished pepping my grenadier helm and, because I'm a gadgets freak, found that theres plenty of space to fit a nice under $100 HUD. The only other thing I might need is multi focus contact lenses so that you can see the HUD and the surroundings without refocusing.
It's just an idea unless you want to stuff it with other stuff or have a tight budget (like I do) I'm not trying to force you or anything of the sort.
Kal

How would you do this? Especially with the HUD... an LED screen?

How would you do this? Especially with the HUD... an LED screen?

I don't have time now but I'll try to tell y'all later. Btw it's using a micro projector.
Kal

Okay to avoid double posting I'll just edit this post. This post is not trying to force Meatwad to do anything its just for those of you who are curious or want to do it themselves.
I confess I have not yet done this to my helm since I want to take pics and my good quality camera needs a new power regulator. However, I have used micro projectors to make HUD glasses. And for those of you who want pictures i dont have any because that was before i descovered you wonderful folks here at the 405th.
The way this HUD works is you have a micro (or pico, they're the same thing) projector (which can cost anything from $20 to $150 but you only need a cheap one) this projects onto your visor. There are many different positions but I prefer having the micro projector pointing down from your forehead and reflecting off a mirror which reflects it into the visor. This way its inline with your eyes and easily positionable.
I use my iPhone for my HUD glasses as the lightning connector is very easy to rig up to it however for a functioning HUD in a helm I would use a Rasberry Pie or Beaglebone (of course you would need programming experience).
I am going away so will not be able to explain or answer questions but at the end of the week when I'm back, I'll try to post a picture of it all as it may be hard to visualise.
Kal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back