Meatwad's Grenadier Build (WIP and Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
good job! cant wait to see it done!

Thanks man. I can't wait to have a full suit to wear lol.

Damn bro. Your bondo work is good. I really struggled with the whole bondo fiberglass thing. You just make that look easy as all get out. Very nice work. :)

Thank you a lot man. I had my struggles, but in the end, determination and hard work paid off. It was definitely a learning experience. My relationship with bondo is one of love and hate lol. It certainly is not easy though. There's a lot of trial and error involved. I put on and sanded at least 10 coats to the top of the helmet alone to get it where i was happy with it.

what weapons are you going to have?

Once I've completed my armor I'm going to attempt to make Jorge's gun. I'm thinking of making it out of poster board/cardboard. I can't see paper holding up on such a massive scale. However, if that doesn't work out, I'll probably just buy a cast of Justinian's sexy assault rifle.

Once I've completed my armor I'm going to attempt to make Jorge's gun. I'm thinking of making it out of poster board/cardboard. I can't see paper holding up on such a massive scale. However, if that doesn't work out, I'll probably just buy a cast of Justinian's sexy assault rifle.

Theres a great folder on the file archive, in just about to start it will be using stiff card and popsicle sticks to hold it together.
Hope that helps!
Kal

Theres a great folder on the file archive, in just about to start it will be using stiff card and popsicle sticks to hold it together.
Hope that helps!
Kal

Yeah, I've been scoping it out for quite some time. It is incredibly daunting though lol. The file is absolutely massive. That's why I'm going to do the build using cardboard. It will hold its shape much better than cardstock.

Yeah, I've been scoping it out for quite some time. It is incredibly daunting though lol. The file is absolutely massive. That's why I'm going to do the build using cardboard. It will hold its shape much better than cardstock.

Sounds great dude!
I can understand what your getting at with the cats board but it's gonna take one hell of a long time!
I was planning on using very heavy card and paper templates.
Kal

Wow, this build honestly looks amazing so far! I'm just starting out here and this is likely to be the first thread I'll follow until it's completion.

Let me know what you guys think! Thank you for stopping by and i hope you've enjoyed.[/QUOTE]

I HAVE enjoyed! Sweet work dude. Looking forward to watching the progress.

Wow, this build honestly looks amazing so far! I'm just starting out here and this is likely to be the first thread I'll follow until it's completion.

I'm honored man. Thank you so much. I hope it doesn't disappoint!

Let me know what you guys think! Thank you for stopping by and i hope you've enjoyed.

I HAVE enjoyed! Sweet work dude. Looking forward to watching the progress.

Thank you man. I'm really glad you've enjoyed. I hope to have many more awesome posts to come.

20150905_013359_zpscmbokcjg.jpg

Just a suggestion in case you haven't thought of it yet, have you thought of using styrene for these details in addition to the helmet vent? That should give you a sturdy piece and still be able to create the details you want.

Attachments

• 20150905_013359_zpscmbokcjg.jpg
    20150905_013359_zpscmbokcjg.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 177
Not a huge update... at least not in terms of work completed, but it is big for me. So i got a goody in the mail today (pics will be below). The only thing i got to work on tonight was my helmet. I did a little smoothing and spot putty.

20151007_214857_zpsl7fbhsqd.jpg
20151007_214908_zpswtecaemx.jpg
20151007_214916_zpsbmqoy4ay.jpg

I'm really happy with the shape and smoothness. I'm going to do the real paint job once i figure out what to do with these vents -_- I'm not really sure i like the cardboard idea, but i don't have any better at the moment. Anyway, here's the pictures of my goody.

20151007_222226_zpsx1mluliw.jpg
20151007_222235_zpsmjdfmj2i.jpg
20151007_222242_zpskuvfqa8w.jpg

I'm crazy stoked. Getting this has really pushed me to fully complete the helmet, which i need to do for halloween anyway. I'm hoping to be 100% done with the helmet by this weekend.

Let me know what you guys think! And if anyone has any ideas for these stupid vents, I'm all ears.

Attachments

• 20151007_214916_zpsbmqoy4ay.jpg
    20151007_214916_zpsbmqoy4ay.jpg
    484 KB · Views: 176
  • 20151007_214908_zpswtecaemx.jpg
    20151007_214908_zpswtecaemx.jpg
    489.1 KB · Views: 173
  • 20151007_214857_zpsl7fbhsqd.jpg
    20151007_214857_zpsl7fbhsqd.jpg
    498.5 KB · Views: 179
  • 20151007_222226_zpsx1mluliw.jpg
    20151007_222226_zpsx1mluliw.jpg
    677.4 KB · Views: 195
  • 20151007_222235_zpsmjdfmj2i.jpg
    20151007_222235_zpsmjdfmj2i.jpg
    706.1 KB · Views: 192
  • 20151007_222242_zpskuvfqa8w.jpg
    20151007_222242_zpskuvfqa8w.jpg
    666.4 KB · Views: 187
I've heard of other users using the vents as actual vents.. That is to say, getting small computer-size or cheap fans and mounting them inside the vents behind some mesh. Maybe consider doing that?

Just a suggestion in case you haven't thought of it yet, have you thought of using styrene for these details in addition to the helmet vent? That should give you a sturdy piece and still be able to create the details you want.

I hadn't thought of that, but now I'm giving it serious consideration. I'm just nervous the vents will look bad.

That freaking helmet is gorgeous!! can't wait to see it painted!

Thank you man! I'm excited to get it painted as well. Unfortunately, before i waste anymore paint, i want to make sure it's 100% ready and i have no idea when that will be.

I've heard of other users using the vents as actual vents.. That is to say, getting small computer-size or cheap fans and mounting them inside the vents behind some mesh. Maybe consider doing that?

That was actually mentioned before. I'm afraid of light getting in the helmet and making my face visable. So I'm going with solid material.

You did a great job Meatwad, congratulations!

Thank you very much! I'm just hoping i can get it done by Halloween.

Not sure how much more "ready" it needs to be...it looks perfect

You'd be surprised lol. I still need to add the details to the enclaves on the "ear" areas on either side, the details on the sides near the front, mount the visor, full in the gaps, and figure out what to do with these silly vents.

Can you just finish this build already, the suspense is killing me! :D

Love your work, and love the many updates! I seriously can't wait to see it done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back