Mech/Exoskeleton Build (Full-Size )

I finally saw the infamous toilet paper shortage when I did a parts run today. Haha.

And some work on Marduk's dainty little ankles. She's a big girl (yeah Marduk is a girl)

Why is Marduk a girl and not a guy? Because the Mech has been so fiddly and aggravating to the point where it could only be personified as female.

Plus I can do some promotional stuff with a cute animu girl. Can't remember if I posted this already but all well, it is kinda old, as you can tell from the shoulder design.

rotoscopeit.png

With such good weather I did an out-of-cockpit testrun today (video goes up tomorrow). Not going in-cockpit todaly because I just rebuilt the clutch pedal and the pvc cement fumes need time to dissipate before I install it.

IMG_20200322_162232259crop.jpg

quick question, do you plan on wearing this to a convention? because everyone would marvel at it

Well, with the covid thing there won't be any cons for a while.

This year a local con (Wolfgaard Productions LTD) refused to let me demo because I wanted to view the vendor contract before agreeing to buy insurance -same guy last year tried to swindle me into getting insurance last year when the contract read it wasn't needed. Fraud much? Also threatened to tell every event organizer I refused to buy insurance (which I did not) and sue me if I sought legal counsel. Guy is an old-guard nerd (battletech fan) and be jelly.

But what I have demoed with Judd McStudd at a haunted house and maker faire quite a few people were impressed. Made $45 selling crappy keychains for $1 each. I plan to rebuild Judd McStudd with cardboard armor to make him more crowd friendly. The metal paneling on him right now is kinda unsafe.

This is Amazing! I Hope it all works out with the Convention Agreement Bull. Some people are just down right surprisingly terrible.

This is Amazing! I Hope it all works out with the Convention Agreement Bull. Some people are just down right surprisingly terrible.

Well that jerk pretty much said "NEVER EVER EVER" to his con. Not a big deal though as long as he doesn't spread lies about me -in which case I can sue him for libel. He threatened to share the e-mail conversation we had with folks, however when I posted it to his event facebook page he deleted it so it seems he is full of hot air.

Since I got today off (tire chains frozen onto my car and a pinched nerve again) maybe I'll speak with the New England Better Business Bureau: if he pulled the insurance scam with others he might get a lawsuit from folks who did fall for it.

So I go out to dig my mech out of the 4" drift I left it in last night, and this is what I find. My bro put a 4ft snowbank in front of it, and all the water soaked into the left ankle so I have to replace the mounting studs... again.

IMG_20200324_111311513.jpg

maybe time for some tarps?

I did have some tarps from ec-feb but this snowstorm came outta nowhere, and I didn't count on my brother piling snow right on top of it.

But the snow has melted off it already, now I just gotta do some more painting and waterproofing.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back